Part 8

(N/n)'s P.O.V.

Could that guy that I saw in the hall really be him? I sit in my science class not paying any attention to what the teacher is saying. Maybe it wasn't. I mean, if it was, then he wouldn't have disappeared so fast, right?

"(N/n)," the teacher tries to get me to respond. "(N/n). (N/n)!"

"Oui monsieur!" I snap back into reality. "la réponse est du chlorure de magnésium."

The teacher looks at me like I've gone mad. "Can you repeat that?"

"Je l'ai dit ' la réponse est le chlorure de magnésium '" I repeat. Then I realize that I said all of that in french. "I-I mean, the answer is magnesium chloride"

"Th-thank you." Mrs.Sutoka forces a smile.

The rest of the class, I tune out. But that's until someone walks in the class during the lesson. "Lovely to have you Zero." The teacher says.

I look at the person thats standing by the door. I gasp quietly and my eyes go wide. Me and him lock eyes for the second time today. Zero.

"Please take the last open seat."

Both of us force ourselves to break eye contact and look to find the only empty desk, that happens to be next to mine. We turn our attention back to each other and we both nod our heads in agreement. Our eyes never break as he steps up the stairs, and when they do, we both turn our heads to the blackboard at the front of the lecture room. After about 10 minutes the teacher calls on me again. And like the last time, I answered in a different language.

"HCL est l'acide chlorhydrique" I feel my face heat up in embarrassment for doing it again.

And once more, the teacher gives me a baffled look. "She said that HCL=Hydrochloric Acid." Zero translates.

"Oh. Thank you Zero"

I feel Zero's purple orbs land on my face and I nod in thanks without looking at him. After the school day, I make my way to my shared room. I plop down face first onto the bed and groan.

"First day that bad?" I hear Toga's voice ring out.

I turn my head and give him my best 'eyes of the devil' glare. "Shut. Up."

A laugh can be heard from the hunter. "Wow. Now I know what will come next, so just spill."

My face heats up as I open my mouth to tell my tale of woe. "I ended up speaking french twice in science class. And then, Zero translated for me the second time."

"Zero?" Toga's face turns into one of confusion. "You saw him today?"

"Yeah. But there's one thing that I noticed."

"Oh really. What's that." He pulled out a cigarette and popped it into his mouth.

Right as he was about to light it, I speak up. "Hey, don't be doing that stuff around me. Second hand smoking is more dangerous than first hand. Do you really want me to go into my whole science behind why?"

"Okay, okay, okay... At least let me keep it in my mouth. I promise that I won't light it." I nod. "Okay, now tell me what was wrong when you saw Zero."

Remembering, I straighten up. "Oh yeah. Okay, so it turned out that Me and Zero have the same science class. And when we saw each other, we couldnt stop looking at each other. and when he sat next to me, an awkward atmosphere fell over us and we talked like we were total strangers."

Toga has his chin in between his forefinger and thumb. "Interesting..." He looks up at me and has a mischievous smile on his face. "I think I might know a way to fix that."

"Oh no, no, no. I know that look. What are you planning." I find myself on all fours.

"No, I should ask Kaien for help with this..."

"Toga! Tell me what you have running through that head of yours!" I nearly scream at the hunter. "If you tell me, I promise that I won't interfere with what ever you are stirring up."

That seems to catch his attention. He brings his face close to mine and asks, "Are you sure you want to do that?"

I swallow hard before I nod, unable to speak due to the closeness of Toga's face.

"Okay. What I was planning-" Yagari is cut off by the headmaster walking into the room.

"YAGARI!" Kaien runs over and pushes my dad off to the side before pulling my face(only my face) into his chest.

"What the hell was that for!?" Toga yells at the headmaster.

Kaien glares at toga. "I'm saving you from jail time!"

"What!?"

The retired hunter pulls me away from his chest and holds my face in his hands. "You were about to have your way with your poor daughter. Then I would've had to call the authorities and have you removed from the school. AND you would get kicked out of the Hunters Association!"

"Kaien, I swear to God, you have the most weirdest imagination ever..." Toga sighs. "I wouldnt do that to her. And even if I did, I highly doubt that she would spare me the wrath of her fist."

I nod at togas words. "Are you sure? because it looked like you were trying to make a move on her."

"Just tell me why you're in here..."

"I have just come to talk to you about a mission that the H.A. has given you." Kaien looks at me as if to tell me with his eyes, 'get out'.

Getting the message, I get up awkwardly and say, "So, I'll uhh... just let you two talk. I'll see you later!" and with that, I run down the hall.