Part 10

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"Yes?"

Zero turns around and his eyes go wide. "W-what are you doing in here? Actually, how did you know I was in here?"

I look past him and see the mirror shattered. "What the hell did you do to this poor mirror?" I then hear a faint dripping sound. I look and see that his hand is nearly covered in blood. "And what the hell did your hand?!"

Without thinking I grab it and hold it gently in my hand. I turn the sink on and put his hand in the running water. "I fell." Was all he said in a small voice.

"I highly doubt that your hand will be covered in blood just by falling on the floor." I keep my eyes trained on his pale hand but see him out of the corner of my eye, he looks like he is trying to come up with another excuse.

"I know that it was you that smashed the mirror. Thats how I found you." I turn the faucet off and grabbed a towel to dry Zero's hand and applied pressure to it. The next couple of minutes are silent as I clean and put bandages on his wound.

"You didn't answer my first question. What are you doing in here." He says it more as a command than a question.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Why?"

His words come out harshly. And for some reason, I flinch. I regain my posture and reply, "I just wanted to thank you for translating for me in science."

"Well you thanked me, so now you can get out." His words drip with venom.

When he says that, I feel a flame of anger flicker to life inside of me. "And you're not going to thank me for helping you with your hand?"

"I didn't need your help so why should I thank you?" He snaps back.

His words feel like tons of gas being thrown onto the flames of my anger. "Why the hell are you being such an ass?!"

"What did you call me?" His eyes look like they are on fire.

"You heard me. Your acting like an ass. I was just trying to be nice to you by thanking you for what you did and cleaning up your cut!" I scream at him. "There is no reason why you should be talking to me with this kind of attitude!"

"Well I didn't want your help! I dont even want you here! You know what, that's a good question. Why are you here."

I don't even want you here! Zero's words echo in my head. I guess he realizes what he said because the next thing he does is say I'm sorry.

"No your not."

"Yes I am." He walks towards me and reaches his hand out to touch me, but I slap it away.

"I need to get out of here..." I say. It feels like I have a million knives stabbing at my heart that I keep locked away. I walk closer to the door.

"No, don't go." He grabs my hand as im about to reach for the door.

"Zero... Let go of me."

"I wont let go."

"I said, let go." My other hand curls into a fist and I punch him square in the jaw. He lets go of my hand and staggers back. He looks at me through hurt eyes. "Now imagine that pain times 10. That's how I feel right now."

Then, I walk out of the room.