Chapter 30 part 2

THIS Continues from chapter 30. It is the part Wattpad cut off. Please read as one chapter thanks and sorry.

"You've been a great help and friend to me, Brax " I smiled reassuringly at him " I couldn't have done any of this without you. You'll be missed."

"I'm not leaving just yet, Jace, but thanks", Brax replied

Disappointment flashed across Marie's face, taking that as my queue to leave. I quickly stood

" I'll see you both for breakfast in the morning I quickly stammered as I headed for the door.

I made my way quickly across the compound and into my cabin. It was just dusk, and I was surprised to find the place empty Heath and I had arranged to meet for dinner, and I thought he would be here. I spied paper lying on the table and moved to read it.

Gone to our lake, my love, join me there

Heath

Smiling to myself, I slipped on a jacket to guard against the cold and made my way quickly to the lake.

Entering through the tree's the sound of splashing reached my ears before I saw what was making the noise. Heath was seated on the edge of the lake; his legs dipped into the frigid water. The monkeys, who now called the lake home, were frolicking and jumping from rock to rock, splashing each other and Heath as they enjoyed the slight drop in temperature before night fully descended and it became cold.

" Join us, Jace ", Heath said, holding out his hand and pulling me down next to him. I curled my feet up underneath me and slid to rest on his side, His chin on my head. We sat in silence, just happy to be alone together as we watched the monkeys play and night descend.