Chapter Five- A Gap

Welcome to chapter five.

It's a bit strange how this chapter went. It was supposed to cover the entire time up until they went in pursuit after Gaara, but it very clearly does not. I'm really disappointed with this chapter too, cause it's pretty damn boring. Either way, I hope it serves its main purpose, which is bringing us up to the big pursuit. Please comment and vote and enjoy this. Oh, and the song is basically entirely unrelated to the actual story. Simply one of my favorite songs by Sum 41, from their album 'All Killer, No Filler', which does sort of relate to this chapter. You know, filler.

DISCLAIMER: Well, no... I don't own anything.

WARNINGS: Filler. Wallowing in self-pity. Also not edited.

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.

This is what memories look like.

This is what thoughts or letters look like.

'This is what song lyrics look like.'

--

'Don't count on me,

to let you know when.

Don't count on me,

I'll do it again.

Don't count on me,

it's the point you're missing.

Don't count on me,

cause I'm not listening.'

--

   "Hai! Bye!" I reply, and in the next moment Kakashi is pulling me along with him, straight to the office of Tsunade. I keep my eyes shut for the trip, only opening them when we stop moving.

   We are in Tsunade's office. I immediately form two handsigns, a signal for Makoto to follow. He would understand. Moments later, with not only my teammates but also Sakura, Shizune and Tsunade watching Makoto makes his entrance, landing perfectly beside me. He glances around, eyeing everyone. I pat his head once and he sits, eyes turning to Tsunade.

   "The Kazekage has been kidnapped," she says.

--

   After a mission briefing and being given a total of five minutes to go to our homes to get our stuff and say goodbye to our families, I sprint to my home so fast my legs blur, the three boys behind me. I burst into the main house, running straight past my brothers to get to my room. They watch me as I pass them, instantly getting the message that I was being sent out on an emergency mission. They follow me up, asking me what happened. I answer with short, choppy sentences.

   "Gaara got kidnapped by the Akatsuki. I am going with a squad to get him back. Leaving in three minutes." My pack is slung over my shoulder, all my pouches strapped in place and my trench coat on. I have Makoto's pack, too. "Gotta go. I love you."

   "Good luck," Daichi says, smiling softly, "We love you too."

   "If you see him..." Kazuo trails off. "Bye, imouto."

   I nod. If I saw Masao. "Goodbye, anikis." Then I am disappearing, running at the same pace as before to the gates where we were meeting.

   I'm the first there, aside from Tsunade-sama and Shizune-san. Makoto is sitting patiently by Shizune's feet, ears perking up at my appearance. I toss his pack to him and he catches it in midair, shimmying it down until it was securely attached. Seconds later the three boys appear, all with packs slung over their shoulder. I must have been moving considerably faster than them, seeing as  how they have been staying with my brothers and I at our clan grounds, just in one of the side buildings instead. There wasn't enough room for them in the main building, unless they wanted to sleep in Masao's or my parents' rooms. Which they probably wouldn't want to, anyway. My stomach still turned whenever I looked at their doorways.