Chapter Nine- Dead Weight

Welcome to chapter nine. Sorry about how long it took. Lots of things to do xc

DISCLAIMER: I don't own anything.

WARNING: Actually nothing really.

--

'All I will ever be is...worthless.'

--

   Freedom.

   They are free, able to move about and come support me. I am crouched on my knees, one hand to my chest, feeling out the extent of the damage. Coughing could only help so much, but pressing around was a more accurate way of telling. I had a couple of broken ribs and definitely some minor internal bleeding. Though, no matter how minor it was, it still was the messenger for 'no good'. Kakashi is on one side, Chiyo-sama on the other, both looking over my form. The old woman moves my hand out of the way and presses around herself. After a moment she stills and her hand glows green with chakra, repairing wounds not visible to the naked eye. It eases some of the pain and I nod my gratitude towards her.

   Kakashi grabs me by the shoulder. "Kimi, are you okay?" He asks. I nod, murmuring that I would be fine. Although, I might be lying as I myself wasn't sure if I was as fine as I wished.

   After that, everything happens quickly. A crowd of people, more than I could currently count out, come along. They all surround Gaara's body, which had been placed in the center of a field not far from the Akatsuki cave. Naruto sits nearby, just staring at the lifeless form of his dear friend. I was next to Kakashi, the two of us propped up against each other, both exhausted. I was more so, as it appeared. But even through the mist in my mind, I noted most of the things happening. For example, our hands sitting mere inches apart. Sasuke sits next to Naruto, remaining silent and staring at him with Chiyo sitting by herself. And at the moment, we all mourned over the person that meant something for all of us. 

   Sakura, Kankuro and Temari are amongst the first to arrive. Sakura tends to my wounds first, as they were the most serious - a big thank you to my so-called brother. Then she moves about, from me to Kakashi to the boys to Team Gai, and lastly, to Chiyo. The young healer can't do a perfect job and take away my pain, as the resources on the field were scarce, but she does what she can and I appreciate that. After that, the green-eyed woman settles with Chiyo, both next to Gaara's lifeless body. It's not long before even more people come pouring forth, all crowding around. There are those who put on brave faces, those that talk about how amazing a Kazekage and ninja he was, those who cry. I sit in a daze, my gaze traveling between the sky and Gaara. Chiyo moves closer to the dead Kage and speaks out, but I can't make out what she says - my vision and hearing were slipping away, deteriorating with every passing second. I feel Kakashi's chest rumbles as he too says something. I manage, with the last of my strength, to make that out, him commenting that she was trying to bring him back. This is an interesting concept, not the first time I'd heard of the possibility but the first time it seemed like an actual option. I make a humming noise, somewhat a 'yes', as I would have revived the dead jinkchuuriki in a heart beat, had I possessed the needed knowledge and power to do so. 

   Silence descends upon the clearing. Naruto seems distinctly confused, staring at Chiyo as her palms were pressed to Gaara's chest, glowing brightly with her pouring chakra into him. Something clicks in Naruto's head and he's at Chiyo's side, joining his hands with hers to feed in more chakra. The far-off realization that Chiyo giving her chakra away meant her death occurs to me, and in that instant I feel a pull in my chest. I would miss her; she might have been rude and bitter, but she was still a human being. 

   Gaara's form twitches and Chiyo leans back, chest heaving in exertion. Naruto doesn't seem like the depletion of his chakra made any difference. A sense of wonder crosses his face as Gaara rises up, and with him, my spirits also ascend. Though, I can not support so much of my weight anymore, letting myself lean further against Kakashi. He says something to me over the roar of the crowd, cheers of joy and happiness ringing through out, but my ears were far to exerted to hear the quiet voice belonging to the man. Sakura pulls Chiyo slightly to the side, supporting her as the old woman faded away, and towards a better place. A soft smile wormed its way upon my lips, turning my gaze fully to the sky. The cheers don't stop in the slightest, but I can't hear them anymore and I black out against Kakashi.