Chapter Eleven- Coldblood

DISCLAIMER: Don't own yeah

WARNINGS: terribly short and not well written; long overdue

   It was always interesting to see the little changes that occurred in people the more I got to know them, or the longer I knew them.

    For the little Academy students, these changes were blatantly obvious.

    One month had passed. They eased up, not quite as terrified of me as they were during the first week. They were beginning to pinpoint what to expect from me, whether it be something good or bad or indifferent. They were figuring out exactly what would happen if they didn't complete their homework or if they actually all pulled together and completed it all. No one even tried to cheat, much to my relief. That would've been awful for them.

     Kakashi is like the damn weather, changing all the time. He probably changed the most out of everyone. Except for after reading all of the letters.

    Sure, while his words were a bit softer, gentler, it wasn't as drastically different as I'd expected from him. Especially considering how much of a chameleon he was, always changing. He still treated me essentially the same. But I felt a bit more special, more important. And that meant so much to me.

And I began to notice more about him, like the fact he had the most peculiar habit of popping up where I least expected him to be of his free will.

Like in my ninjutsu class. I'm in the middle of instructing the students and he pops in, sitting on my desk right next to me. The smoke dissipates and I almost laugh at the startled looks on their faces. Almost. He's got a cheery look on the visible part of his face, sitting so close our legs just barely brushed each other. I look at him, eyes somewhat narrowed. I couldn't imagine why he was there, all of a sudden.

"Yes?" I ask him. He turns to me, a mock look of hurt on his face.

"Kimi-chan, is that anyway to greet me?" He has a hand to his chest, being terribly melodramatic and still somehow... Cute. Ugh.

"I saw you two hours ago," I remind him, controlling my brief swell of affection for him and his annoying-as-all-hell antics. "If you are going to stay here, might as well help out. As I was saying, we're about to start our first day of sparring. No more of the practice runs. These rounds will help determine your final grade, and therefore the rank in which you will graduate. I highly encourage you to take these courses as seriously as possible... Head outside. Training grounds number 7. Go."

They file out of the room, heading towards the training ground. It wasn't far, maybe six blocks away. I turn to Kakashi. "Ne, sensei, will you help put on a show?"

It was going to rain.

I could feel the building humidity, could already taste the rain on my lips and smell the impending downpour.