Chapter 30 - Everything has changed

Please note this section is very steamy and has sexually mature content.  If that's not your thing or you're too young to be reading this you need to stop now and skip this chapter.  You'll get the gist of what happens at the opening of the next chapter.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Dance with me?" I asked Tara.

Tara hesitated and didn't answer me.

"It's just a dance Tara."

Slowly Tara got up and we walked to the dance floor.

I held her hand and gently pulled her near me so we could dance. I didn't pull her as close as I would have like to because I was afraid she'd just get up and leave.

"I like this song," Tara said as we moved slowly to the "Everything has Changed." The dance floor was packed with couples so there wasn't much room for maneuvering. The wedding had been beautiful and the start of the reception had been filled with one great song after another. It seemed the alcohol was sinking in and people's adrenalin from the earlier upbeat music had started to fade. A slow song under the dusky sky seemed appropriate.

We continued to take small steps and move to the music neither of saying anything. Tara sighed a few times and I sensed something was on her mind but she wasn't ready yet to share it with me. As for me, I liked having an excuse to have Tara so close to me. For the past few weeks we'd been meeting and having fun and laughing but so many times I'd wanted to reach out and grab Tara and touch her. But, I knew that would have been a mistake. She was bent on not pursuing a relationship even though it was clear we both liked each other.

We probably spoke to each other on the phone at least three to four times a day, met up several times a week and pretended the physical chemistry between us didn't exist. We pretended it was two other people feeling it.

Towards the end of the song Tara rested her head on my shoulder and sighed into it. Whispering into my shoulder, barely audible, she said, "I don't want the song to end."

I took a chance and pulled Tara's body closer to mine so that we were completely touching with no room between us. Feeling a little daring, "It doesn't have to end."

She didn't pull back, she stayed in my arms. I bent my head down to nuzzle her neck as I ran my fingers up and down her back.

"You're making me feel things I shouldn't," Tara whispered into my ear.

"You make it sound like a bad thing," I say to her.

"Vivek, you need to stop doing that," Tara says as her fingers run through my hair at the nape of my neck.

"You stop first," I say.

"I can't," Tara whispers.

I kiss her neck and let my hands roam the curves of her hip. God she's beautiful.

"Kiss me," Tara leans her head back to give me more access to her neck.

"Tara we need to get out of here before they start yelling at us to get a room," I say with every inch of my body on fire.

"Let's go," Tara says hoarsely.

I grab Tara's hand and we quickly make it to the front of the hotel and I signal for a cab. I give the valet a big tip when he whistles for a cab and one arrives within thirty seconds.

I open the door to let Tara in first and then I slide in. I give the cabbie my address and tell him to hurry. Once I give him the address I pulls Tara to me and kiss her fully. I don't want her to change her mind. To my surprise she kisses me back and pulls me towards her and we're horizontal in the back of a cab. Both of our hands are flying everywhere and we're both exploring each other bodies while our lips are devouring each other and all of the pent up sexual frustration seems to be spilling out in the back of a cab.