Chapter 5

By the time Gerard had finished telling Mikey everything and by everything he told him how My Chemical Romance started, how many people they saved, Gerard hitting rock bottom and the fabulous future of their wives and kids. Mikey never uttered a word. He kept silent and listened intently. If he thought Gerard had gone crazy he didn't show it. Gerards shoulders sagged at the end and he sighed.

"Not like you believe me." He stood up and Mikey pulled him back.

"I never said anything. Okay lets say that everything you told me is true -" 

"It is." Gerard said firmly. Mikey nodded. 

"Okay, well what do you think you should do."

Gerard pulled an exaggerated look, "I don't know. I just needed to tell someone."  

Mikey nodded, "I understand." 

There's a silence and Gerard realised something, "You believe me." 

Mikey smiled in response. 

"Why?"

"Well you did write a song after seeing... the towers. And you did call Ray and me and we tried it out."

"Really? What happened?" 

Mikey looked down, "I don't know. You suddenly acted crazy, saying it was a stupid idea and you wanted me out of your life for good."

"You know I didn't mean it."

Mikey looked up slightly, "I always knew that deep down. I always knew you wouldn't say that." 

"If it wasn't me..."

"You told me about a voice, the thing that sent you back here... maybe it has something to do with it." 

Gerard had to laugh, "It's amazing how well you're responding to this."

Mikey shrugged, "I read. And also, I've always wondered about alternate realities and if it's possible to trave through those realities. If what you told me is true, we basically just discovered the biggest thing in history."

"So you'll help me get back?"

"I want my rock star life back. This life sucks to be honest. Dead end job that I don't enjoy. I'd be happy to." He suddenly stood up and took his phone out of his pocket. He grinned at Gerard, "Calling in the big guns." 

*   *   *

Frank was still fully conscious. And for that he was angry. He'd rather be knocked out cold that be contained in this... Whatever it was. He didn't like it, it was clostraphobic and smelt of musk... and another odour that he couldn't identify. If he had to compare it to something he'd have said death. But he kept his mind off of it. He even ignored the message from the light. He didn't want to think of that. He wanted to see his family and his many dogs. He thought about them and where he would take them after he got out of here... if he got out of here. He shot that thought of his head. He would get out. The air couldn't last forever. It shouldn't have lasted this long anyway. Unless something wanted him alive. 

*   *   *

Ray came in the door and Gerard's eyes opened wide at the sight of him. 

"What? If there something on my face?" Ray asks. 

"Your hair!" Gerard says, freaked out. It was no longer a 'fro. It was short. Like really short, so short it only had little tufts of curls. Gerard could hardly believe it. When he got back he was going to have to tell Ray to never ever think about cutting his hair. It was a few more moments until Gerard contained himsef.

"So, what's the dilema?" Ray asks, looking between Mikey and Gerard. 

"Okay, Ray. You're not going to believe me in the slightest." 

"Don't doubt him, Gee. He might surprise you." Mikey chipped in and pulled out a chair for Ray. This would take a while. 

*   *   *

"So you're telling me I was married? And we were in a band? We actually got famous?" 

Gerard nodded at each question.

Ray shook his now fro-less head, "I... this story is...."

"Ridiculous?" Gerard offered.

"Well... yeah... Mikey, you can't tell me you believe him." Ray looked up at Mikey who was nodding. 

"It's okay if you don't want to help us, Ray. I just thought that since You, Gerard, this guy Frank and I are the band... My Chemical Romance wasn't it?" 

Gerard nodded to Mikey's uncertainty. 

"That it'd be better to have the members... maybe it would help. Woud you even entertain the idea?"

It's silent as Ray thinks of a response, "How can I believe this?" 

Then, out of no where and piece of paper floated down from the ceiling. It just materialized from nothing, it fell down beside Ray's shoe. He picked it up and the shock was clear on his face.

"You were telling the truth..." He looked shaken.

"Let me see." Mikey said, taking the paper and his eyes grew wide. "Gee, you have red hair?!"

Gerard nodded, "It was pretty badass."

"That's a big crowd..." Mikey says quiety while studying the photograph in front of him. It showed Gerard singing with his red hair and Ray beside him, fro and all, Mikey on the other side with a figure that Ray or Mikey didn't recognise. 

"That's Frank." Gerard filled in the silence. Mikey abruptly looked up. 

"We have to find that guy." 

*   *   * 

MCR are reunited! Well almost. What do you think so far? Let me know down in the comments. I am open to all criticism (:

If any of you would like to follow me on twitter you can find me @MCR_ATL_Madina. 

(: