Chapter 4

Gerard had never felt so alone in his life. Everyone he knew and cared about either thought he was crazy or never saw him. Gerard felt sick to the pit of his stomach. He needed someone. Someone who would listen to him and not judge him no matter how crazy he sounded. He needed his brother. He needed to apologise for whatever happened between them. He stood up and brushed himself off. He shoved his hands in his pockets and took one last look at the grave of the man he had made so many memories with. 

I'll get you back, Frank. 

****

Frank could hardly move. His limbs were heavy and he was tired. But he could still breath. How? He wondered. This shouldn't be possible. Suddenly a blinding white light blinded Frank and he winced away from it.

"Seven days..." A croaky voice whispered to him, too close for comfort. Frank couldn't make a sound. "Until he finds you. Or you both lose." It continues. What the hell did that mean? "Game on." It laughed and as quick as it came the bright light was gone. The darkness engulfed Frank. Three days until what? Suddenly Frank didn't want to know. 

****

Gerard had not ciggarettes on him, even though he was craving one badly. He cut down a familiar path on the way home. One he had walked many times. A sudden breeze moved through the sharp night air and Gerard shivered. It was unnaturally cold. Gerard was thrown up against a wall by an unseen force. Gerard couldn't move. He was paralyzed and he was blinded by a shocking white light. 

"Seven days... in the deep... Find him before time runs out. Or you both loose." 

"What does that even mean?!" Gerard screeched. Gerard's lips were pushed shut. 

"Game on." He shiver went up his spine as a croaky, familiar voice whispered too close to his hear. Gerard then slumped to the ground. Seven days in the deep, find him before time runs out or you both loose. Gerard couldn't alter them besides the fact that find him meant find Frank. Was seven days the time limit? And what game was he talking about? Gerard pulled himself up, with unsteady legs. He made his way home, the haunting words never leaving his mind. 

When Gerard opened the door he saw Mikey sitting on the table, long legs dangling. Gerard couldn't form words at the relief he felt. His eyes teared up, as did Mikeys.

"I'm... I'm..." Gerard choked over his words and looked down as Mikey walked over to him. 

"I know. I am too." He hugged him and Gerard sobbed into his brothers shoulder. He needed Mikey. He was his rock. 

"You're okay, Gee..." Mikey soothed. He only felt relief that Gerard was about to apologise, just like Mikey did over the years. 

"I've missed you, bro." Gerard finally said with red eyes. 

"I have too... Are you going to tell me what's up?"

"You'll never believe me." Gerard said quietly.

Mikey placed his hands firmly on his brothers shoulders and looked at him in the eyes and with a small smile he said, "Try me." 

*****

I know short, but I had to update!

Let me know what you think!

*virtual huggies for you all*