Chapter 8

Ray was not alone. He knew it. The lights had gone out in his house and there was something following him. He didn't know what it was but it felt evil. Ray braced himself in the corner of the room, with a lamp shade in hand. 

Don't be afraid of the dark. He swatted the voice out of his memory. He had to get out of the house. Get over to Mikey and Gerard. They'd be safer together. Why didn't he go over earlier? He was regretting his decision now as a shiver ran up his spine. He couldn't find the flash light and he couldn't see his hand in front of his face. But he was secure against the wall. Nothing could get him if his back was secure and covered. Or so he thought.

*  *  *

While Gerard was having the dream, Mikey was also experiencing one. A woman stood in front of him. One he had never met in his whole life but he couldn't take his eyes off of her. Black hair and heavily eye linered eyes. She had a nose ring and eyes that Mikey was enticed by. 

"I miss you." She said. 

"Who are you?" Mikey asked, unable to look away and he didn't know why.

"I'm your wife, Mikey..." She looked sad. Mikey shook his head.

"You're Alicia?" 

She smiled at his guess and nodded, "You do remember."

He shook his head sadly, "I wish I did." 

She walked closer to him and pressed herself against him, burying her head in his chest. 

"Come back to me, Mikey."

His heart ached at her sorrow and he didn't know why. He felt love towards this woman he never met and all he wanted to do was hold her and comfort her. She knotted her hands in his hair and kissed him. Unfortunately for Mikey, he woke up. 

Gerard and Mikey were looking at each other, breathless. 

"Gee? Was my wife beautiful?" He asks, half dreaming. Gerard nodded and smiled.

"Do you remember her?"

"I don't know..." 

Gerard's phone starting ringing and Mikey threw it to him. Gerard caught it and smiled gratefully. 

"Gerard! Help!" Ray's mangled voice came from the other line.

"Ray?! You okay?!"

The line went dead. Gerard looked at Mikey with alarm.

"Somethings got Ray." 

They both jumped up and ran straight out, in what they went to bed in. Hell bent on finding Ray.

But when they got to his house they had to smash a window to get in and there was blood on the floor. A lamp was smashed and there were scratches on the floor... As if something had dragged Ray out and he clung to the ground with his nails. Mikey put his hand on Gerard's shoulder.

"We'll find them." He said with utter confidence. 

"I did this..." Gerard mumbled.

"No you didn't. They did." 

The Gerard remembered his dream, "I got another hint."

Mikey knotted his eyebrows together, "Didn't you say that the diary said not to trust the hints?" 

"But it wasn't from them. It was from Mary."

"Mary? Mary Kleft? She told you..."

"In my dream. She told me 'he's going to run out of air soon'."

Mikey shook his head, "It sounds a little too convinient to me..." 

Gerards eyes widened, "You're right. It wasn't Mary... they were trying to trick me... How could I have fallen for it?!" Gerard felt so stupid. Of course it was a trick. He couldn't count on any hints from anyone or anywhere. 

* * *

They were not pleased. He had not fallen for it. It was because of his younger brother. They would have to do something about him soon. They all smiled, thinking the same thing. They already had his weakness. They had introduced him to his wife and even though this was another life. The love he felt for her in the other, even though he coudn't remember, still existed. They would use that against him. They grinned. They still had a lot of misery to create. Why stop now? 

* * *

Ray was in a place where time never passed. He was in a place that didn't exist in the eyes of science and rational explanation. He wasn't hurt. Yet. He was simply in a deep sleep until they had use for him. Their plan was to use him as bait. Then when they got them all together they would crush them. But sadly that'd be the end of their game. They'd have to find another victim after this one. Then  the fun would start all over again. They lived for the game. 

* * *

Sorry for the shortness of it! But I like to do short chaps to keep attention if that makes sense? Anywhosers, thank you so much for reading and let me know what you think! 

- Amy (: