Chapter 9

Gerard cradled a cup of coffee, taking its radiating heat. He hadn't stopped shaking since they had taken Ray. Mikey had to practically drag him out of the house. He was in shock and Mikey didn't know what to do. In truth he was scared. But he didn't show it. It would just freak out Gee further more. Sure Mikey would be in the same state as Gerard if that had happened to him. Mikey couldn't imagine it. Them, happy and famous. With his beautiful wife. He couldn't get her out of his head. He loved her and did not know why. 

Gerard suddenly looked up at Mikey with bloodshot eyes, "We have to find them, Mikey..."

Mikey nodded, "We will."

Gerard's hand slammed down on the table, causing the other customers in the small coffee shop jump. "How, Mikey? There's no possible way for us to find them. The hints are tricks and..." He leaned in towards Mikey, "I can feel myself loosing."

Mikey didn't understand, "Loose what?"

"My sanity. Oh and of course the minor detail of the game. Why me?!" He said the last with more force so the customers looked back with prying eyes. Mikey shot them all a death glare. They didn't deserve it he knew, but they needed privacy. 

"Would you rather it happen to someone else? Would you honestly wish this upon someone else?" 

Gerard let out a wheezy laugh, "Since when did you get so smart."

Mikey smiled and sat back, "I don't know. It kinda just developed." 

She was watching them. She knew that it wouldn't be long left until he lost all grips on reality. She sighed, watching them drink coffee, the tall one had a calm expression and seemed to be uneffected. She knew other wise. But he was not her concern. Her concern was centred on the young man with bags under his eyes and shaggy black hair hanging in his face. He looked un edge. Anxious. 

"You can't save everyone." A voice came from behind her. She knew who it was so she didn't bother turning around.

"But I can try." She put as much venom into her voice as possible.

"You shouldn't be here." They said in a sing song voice.

"But I want to be." She kept her eyes on the two figures. 

"You could end this..." It ran it's fingers through her hair. She didn't resist. If she did it would be angry. 

"But I won't. Leave them be." She said firmly, spinning around to the tall figure. It bent down so that she could taste it's putrid breath.

"Why are they so special?" It enquired. 

"I don't know. I just know that they won't be your victim." 

It laughed, one of those evil laughs that would send shivers down your spin and give small children nightmares. Then it was gone. She let out a relieved breath and continued to look at them. It might seem strange, but she was getting to know them. Without them knowing it. 

Gerard shivered.

"You okay?" Mikey asked. Gerard looked around the room.

"I feel like something's watching us."

"Now you're being paranoid, Gee and you have every right to be." 

Gerard gulped and nodded, "You're probably right. I'm just being paranoid." 

There was a silence. 

"What do we do next?" Gerard asked the question from his posistion of his head on the table. Mikey shook their head. 

"No clue. But I want another coffee." Mikey said and ignored the frantic beating of his heart. He didn't know what to do either. And to be honest, he felt like there was something watching them too. And it was and unnerving feeling. 

* * *

Let me know what you think (:

Thank you for reading *virtual hugs* 

- Amy (: