24 - Imagination ~Part 2~

Louis POV 

"Zayn I can't tell you!" I cried, flinging myself down on my pillow. 

It was two days after I heard my fathers voice and things were heading downhill. I hadn't wanted to this to start again. I can't even believe it's still happening. It was all a dream! Why is he haunting my thoughts now? 

"Why can't you tell me babe? Have I done something wrong?" He begged, dropping down beside me.

I shook my head, tears blurring my vision. "You haven't done anything. It's my stupid fault this is happening." 

"What's happening?" 

I gulped and sat up, turning to face Zayn. I can't believe I even let myself fall into a relationship with him. He's just a reminder of what I can't have. Even though he makes me happy I need to let him go before I really start hurting him. 

"Look Zayn-" 

"Oh god," He groaned, "You're breaking up with me aren't you?" 

I blinked, "Can you just hear me out please?" 

Am I really doing this? Am I really going to tell him? He's going to think I'm crazy. 

Zayn nodded slowly, obviously a bit hesitant. But he didn't run when I told him my story. He sat by my side and rubbed reassuring circles into my shoulder. He placed small comforting kisses along my arm and finally enveloped me in a hug. 

And I couldn't help but cry. Because I knew what was missing. And that person was Harry. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"So you guys broke up?" Niall asked, whispering in my ear. 

I shushed him, glaring as the lecturer paused. Luckily he didn't call on us and continued his lecture. 

Niall wasn't going to let that get to him though. He ripped out a piece of paper and quickly scribbled a note in his messy scrawl. 

Did you and Zayn break up??? :/ 

I groaned internally before writing my reply. I was never going to get out of this one. 

Yes we did, but we're still friends so don't worry about that. 

I handed the note back and watched the small smile creep up on his lips. It was a few moments before he answered. 

I wasn't worried. What are you doing tonight? There's a cute little coffee shop I want to take you too, and my mate Liam will be there too! :D 

I tried to ignore the fact that he mentioned Liam and focused on the idea of a possible outing. Was I really ready to go and socialize? I don't really think so, but I know Niall will be hurt if I say no. 

Sure, what time should I be there by? 

As soon as I wrote my response I regretted it. But with Niall's instructions I reluctantly made sure I was ready by six. I made myself look smart and presentable (Jeans and a t-shirt for anyone playing the home game) and headed down to the small coffee shop on campus. Niall was waiting outside standing next to a boy who looked extremely familiar. My stomach churned nervously as I approached, seeing the two boys turn towards me. 

"Louis!" Niall called, jogging up to me. He grabbed my hand and yanked me towards the other boy. I smiled shyly and waved, keeping my eyes downcast. 

"Hi Louis, I'm Liam. I've heard a lot about you," He greeted, holding out his hand. 

I muttered out a small 'Likewise' while shaking his hand. He smiled warmly before gesturing to the shop behind him.