Chapter Twenty Three - The Life We Wished For Part 2

I just couldn't believe my eyes, was this really Zain? Or was it just my stupid brain playing tricks on me again? The answer was about to be found when I pinched my cheeks to confirm reality. 

"Ouch!" I rubbed my cheek from the pain. "It really does hurt." I spoke my mind out, like a little honest kid. 

"Of course it does, what did you think it wouldn't?" He smiled showing his perfect white teeth, and let me tell you this I just melted inside. But lets not mention it.

"Well... that's what I thought." I stopped as I realized how sad he looks under that smile. "Zain I'm really sorry, but I can't let my parents see-" 

"Zain is that you?" My dad asked as he walked towards us, and I just couldn't believe my eyes. How does dad know Zain? Why is Zain here? Could he be the person whom dad is waiting for? 

"Come in, don't stand outside like that." My dad said as he pushed me at the side, seeing I was no longer on this world. My dad just had to come here to confirm it was him, because his eye sight isn't as good as it used to be. I guess one of my questions has been answered, so Zain is really the person we are expecting today? Wow?     

"Arhama close the door, it's getting cold!" Mum woke me up from my day dream.

"Yes mom!" I listened and obeyed as always, I shut the door not knowing what's going on around me. I straight away made my way to the kitchen to help mum and also not to forget to throw some questions at her. And here it comes. 

"Mum, how come that guy is here? Do you know him? What's his relationship with dad? What business does he have here? Mum-"

"No comment, Arhama." She narrowed her eyes at me, and I didn't care that much because I still wanted to find out, because curiosity kills me.

"What do you mean no comment?" I asked as I looked at her. 

"What I meant was, I am as clueless as you!" She stooped as she looked deep into my eyes as if everything is written in my eyes,  I couldn't help but move my eyes away quickly, because my mum can read my mind perfectly. 

"Hmm..." She started thinking as she placed her hand on her chin. "By the way, why do you want to know so much about him? It's not like you at all, do you know him?" 

"No comment." I replied as  my mu too a few steps closer and I backed away.

"Does he know you?"

"No comment." I said as a little smirk popped up, thinking now she knows how I felt.

"Did something happen between you two?" 

"Mum!" I half shouted but not too loud to not be heard by everyone in the house. "How can you say that? What would happen between us? Or are you expecting something to happen?" I kind narrowed my eyes suspiciously, wondering what's running through her mind. But all she did was smile warmly at my silly words, making me feel bad.

"Yes I'm expecting something good to happen soon! I seriously can't wait for it." She half smiled and half laughed. "By the way, when are you planning to get married? Arhama we won't live with you forever, we never know when we are going to die or leave this world, but before that please worry about yourself too." 

"Mum I do worry about myself, but... you guys will always come first, today, tomorrow, and in the future too. I only have you and my dad, who would care for you and my dad if I was not here? Plus without you guys I'm nothing." I argued back emotionally, not knowing what I was saying.

"No one... I guess we will just take care of each other?" She joked while smirking.

"Really mum? Do you really want me to leave?" 

"Yes... in a good way I hope you find some who loves you and respects you too." She replied without any hesitation. I was out of words, like an an animal who can't speak human language, but just understands it and can't reply back because even if they did they are not understood.

"Okay." Was all I could say for now. I started preparing the table not wanting to talk to anyone, I was hurt but who can I tell? I was broke and I felt lonely for the first time, I needed someone beside who can actually listen to all my problems and understand me without complaining, but who would that be? I always laugh and work hard, I was always helping those who are in need especially the elders, hoping that one day someone who help my parents when they need help, but who would that be? I feel lost and annoyed at myself, for the first time I found myself needing something and actually wanting to complain to someone, I never realized I was this hard on myself, I have seriously been through so much but what else other than Alhamdullilah can I say?  EI reminded myself. Suddenly my dad came in and behind him came in Zain. Breaking the silence and taking me out of the day dream I was having or you could call it what ever you would like, I just had no other better words than those. He looked at mum and said salam to her, and then he gave me a warm smile. Without him saying a word to me, that was more than enough for my heart to flutter, and for my stomach to get butterflies. Is this what it feels like when girls are talking about butterflies? I get to experience such a thing, weird?

"His name is Zain, please treat him like our son from now on." My dad said as he smiled at me and mum. Mum just gave him 'are you serious?' look and he noticed it straight away. "He's gonna be our son-in-law soon." And with that my jaw dropped open fro the shock... seriously?

Salam you lot, and here comes another chapter, please read this I don't want to make the chapters long because then I don't know what to write for the next chapter. Anyways guys please do vote and comment it's really appreciate it, and do follow to keep you guys up to date, and let's communicate more hopefully. I hope everyone is doing good, and hows everyone's school/college/uni? Is it good or bad let me know in the comment so we can communicate maybe? Anyways I would like to thank those who really been with me all these time and kept voting/commenting, I'm really thankful guys, and thanks for understanding and not deleting arranged because I haven't update it for ages. Really sorry but life was keeping me busy and lazy.  I'm trying to get my inspiration for writing back, because from the coursework and everything else I lost it all, and i think some chapter were boring sorry. Once I finish writing arranged i will then edit it inshallah. Thanks a lot guys, till next time.