Chapter 4

While me and Tom were walking to this mystery place I felt my phone buzzing like crazy. I took it out and saw that I was gaining tons of followers, being mentioned, and getting thousands of text messages asking about Tom. I opened twitter first to see that Tom had posted the picture of us together. 

@TomDaley1994: Dinner date with @mattie_rodgers :)  pic.twitter.com/85dgUTY5v

I read through some of the comments, some were harsh, and some 'shipped us' whatever that is. One of the comments I saw was

@DaniDaley95: @TomDaley why @mattie_rodgers? Shes fake looking and isn't good enough for you. You can do so much better. 

When I read that my stomach kind of felt like it was being stabbed repeatedly. I tried to telling myself to not let it get to me. She's just a jealous teenager, and I'm sure shes not in the Olympics. But I just couldn't help but be hurt about it. 

"You okay?" Tom asked

"Um yeah, yeah I'm fine. Its nothing." I said and smiled.  

He stopped and stood in his place, I stopped and looked at him then walked towards him.

"Why'd you stop walking?"

"Because I know somethings wrong Mattie, i'm not stupid" He grabbed my hands

"Um, well just some of your so called fans aren't really enjoying my presence in your life.."

"Mattie I don't care what they think. They're not in this relationship of ours. Alright. I've liked you since the day I met you in that coffee shop, and I wasn't able to get you out of my head for the next two years. I know you told me you couldn't do this earlier because of the Olympics, and I get that. I'm in the same position. Like I told you this morning, I've waited two years for you and i'll wait twenty more. So don't let them ruin the night, please." 

"I'm sorry Tom, I-i don't think I can do this.. I like you, I do but I can't, I can't let anything get in the way of winning gold. I came here to get that gold medal, and that's what I'm going to do, I can't be distracted by 15 year old girls telling me i'm not good enough for someone, when I'm the one in the god damn Olympics and they've probably never done a sport in their life. I don't mean to take this out on you, but I just can't. I'm sorry." 

I started walking back to the dorms wiping my eyes, trying not to burst into tears. When I got there I ran up the stairs and into our dorm room. I closed the door and slid down it crying. Aly ran over to me and helped calm me down. I changed into some comfy clothes and explained what happened to Aly. She told me the best way to get people to stop talking is to tell them whats really going on. So I opened my laptop up and go on the internet. The first article that showed up on Teen Now magazine was 

"Split between two Olympians? Britains most talked about couple Mattie Rodgers and Tom Daley split? PHOTOS"

How on earth could these people know already, AND have pictures? I clicked on the article and read the first paragraph

The two Olympic contenders Mattie Rodgers and Tom Daley who were rumored to be dating after Mattie posted a picture of the two looking cuddly together in swim suits on Twitter yesterday. Were seen in the Olympics village fighting only 20 minutes after Tom had posted a picture saying the two were going on a dinner date. Sources say it was over comments that his fans made towards her. Did the two split? Were they ever a thing?  Read more below for the scoop on the two.

I shook off the article and went to Twitter to read and see what more people were saying the frist to pop up was of course from Tom.

@TomDaley1994: Wish fans would be happy that I'm happy. 

@KaelaHill: WHAT TOM AND MATTIE SPLIT???

@DoingTomDaley94: Can't believe Tom likes Mattie! he can do SOOO much better. 

@DaleysAngel: Whose Mattie Rodgers anyway, and where'd she come from?

 After reading a few I decided to put my input in before I got off. Even though it's risky I want people to know we aren't together and they can stop getting their panties in a wad.

@mattie_rodgers: To put the rumors to rest I am NOT with Tom. I am very much single, and focused on winning the gold at the Olympics in a few months.  I'm not intrested in relationships until after I stand on that podium and accept my medal. 

I put my laptop away and got ready for bed, seeing as we had to be up at 4:30 for a conditioning practice tomorrow.