Chapter 1

" Alright Mattie, you can do this. Just like we practiced alright." My coach reassured me before I stepped up to the beam and got in place. I started off by mounting onto the beam with a roundoff, layout step-out, then a free aerial walkover forward to one foot, a back handspring with ¾ twist to handstand, followed by a front tuck salto with take off from two feet, an illusion turn, a split leap with full turn, followed by a switch leap with ¼ turn to straddle, into a tuck back salto with full twist. I stood on the esge of the beam knowing I did the perfect routine, and this dismount could make it or break it. I took a deep breath and completed my arabian double front dismount perfectly. I jumped up and completed my routine, then ran to my coach.

"I'm so proud of you Mattie! You did amazing babygirl!" My dad hugged me as tight as possible

"Mattie Rodgers with an impressive beam routine put her in 1st place with scores of

9.5, 10.0, 9.0, 9.5,10.0, and 10.0, giving her the highest beam score of the day in the US Olympic finals."

I screamed with excitement knowing that I completed perfect beam, vault, and bar routines through out the day at Finals. Then went to stand with all of the finalists stood in a line getting ready for them to call who made the team.

"You're 2012 Great Britain Olympic gymnastics team is, Jordyn Wieber, Payson Keeler, Mattie Rodgers, Alexandra Raisman, and Rebecca Tunney. Congratulations girls.

I ran to my dad, and hugged him so tightley, I couldn't believe all my dreams were about to come true.

Toms pov

It was my final dive of the day, I was in 1st at the moment. My final dive being a pike 3 1/2 somersault 2 1/2 twist. My coach Andy gave me one last pep talk, and I headed for the board. I went throught my pre-dive routine and headed to the edge on the 10 M I turned around stood on my toes, and pushed off. My form and entry was nearly perfect. I got out of the water and headed towards my coach and waited to hear my scores.

"Thomas Daley with an amazing ending dive, with scores of 10.0, 9.5, 10.0, 9.0, and a 10.0, keeping his place of 1st."

I was so excited, I hugged my coach, my bestfriend Tonia, and headed to the line of men waiting to be called for the team.

"Your 2012 Great Britain Olympic diving team is, Chris Mears, Peter Waterfield, Jack Laugher, Nick Robinson-Baker, and Thomas Daley. Congratulations to you all. See you in London.

Excited was an understatment for me. I get to go to the 2012 Summer Olympics to dive for my father, and make him and the country proud. I headed back home to get my things ready and head to the Olympic village where i'll be training for the next few weeks.