Chapter 23 End

ENDING OF BOOK

The bed was warm to the touch as Bailey stirred in her sleep. She couldn’t shake the nightmares away, she kept seeing him die, over and over again. She kept seeing the sun taking him away. She hurt. Her chest was exploding in a painful numbness. The more Bailey tossed and turned the more she stirred away, and the more it all came back to her.

She didn’t know where she was when her eyes burst open, at the horrid images that played out again in her mind. Her breathing was pained and she let a whimper leave her lips, pulling her hands to her face as she sat in the bed.

Ben is gone she cried how can he be gone?

“Whats wrong Bailey?” a voice beside her spoke. Bailey jumped up and darted to the other side of the room, that when she actually looked around. The person in the bed looked at her lovingly, with a concerned expression mixed it. It was Dean.

What the hell is going on? How did I get here?

That’s when Bailey realized, she wasn’t in pain. She looked to her body and all the blood was gone, she lifted her shirt, there were no marks. Bailey started to panic, there was no way that was a dream, but right now Bailey was very unsure about herself. How, if she had been almost killed could she be back in bed and with Dean, in her room. At the remembrance of Dean, she turned her head back suspiciously.

Is that really Dean? Or is this some bull shit trick Kheelan thought up after he had taken my body.

“Dean?” she asked to gauge his reaction. He smiled and looked at her like she was crazy but quickly changed that to a happy look.

“That’s my name Bails, whats gotten into you this morning. Your awfully jumpy?”

Oh my god it is Dean, and that’s when she heard a familiar voice singing downstairs as once again pots and pans clanked together, very unhappily. MOM.

Bailey took off running as fast as she could fly down the flights of stairs as Dean yelled her name a few time, obviously confused as to her actions. She jumped the last 5 stairs and landed soft as a feather as she spun into the kitchen. Her mom was singing and making muffins when she turned around and jumped.

“OH” she gasped, her red hair all over the place “Bailey you brat you scared the poop out of me” her mom smiled and walked over to her pulling her into a huge hug “Happy birthday baby” this time Bailey gasped.

It can't be my birthday I was gone for what? Bailey paused counting the days A week she finished. I was gone a week. Her mom continued as if she hadn’t noticed anything.

“I was going to surprise you with some of your favorite muffins, but you seemed to have ruined that for me, you always seem to do something to ruin surprises” Lilia smiled at her and Bailey started to cry. Lilias face full of concern came over to her daughter and held her, whispering shhhh baby its OK.

But it wasn’t OK, Bailey couldn’t tell if it was a dream or not, she didn’t know, all she knew was that this shit was messed up. that’s when she thought of Malldhor. If it was real she would be able to see his wings and horn and if he wasn’t here then she would know for sure. Bailey pulled away from her mother and bolted towards the door, hearing Dean ask her mom “Wheres she going?” but she didn’t stick around. She was in pyjamas and she didn’t care, she threw open the door and ran across the snow covered ground. Bailey noticed the pile next to the house where she had fallen into, still looked like someone had been in it. She was sure it happened, all of it.