Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Bailey stood frozen starring at Ben who was leaning against the rails to the corral. The brisk snow was cutting into Baileys jacket and she shivered. Unsure of what to say she tore her gaze away from the handsome rugged man and began to step forward towards the house, but was stopped when he had somehow materialized in front of her. Halting her self in place almost knee deep in snow, she looked up about to say something when she noticed the tint in his eyes; in the moon light the brown turned into a silver grey. Catching her breath and trying to fumble for words, she could feel the faintness pulling itself into her mind, just like last time. She clamped down her eyes and turned away, trying to break the feeling from inside her.

“So” came a husky voice “Whats up?” he asked bringing Baileys attention back to him.

“What do you mean “Whats up?”” she snapped unable to stop herself.

“Oh snappy arent we Princess, well I guess women cant control all hormones eh?”

“Excuse me?”

“Well it just seems to me that you are quite snappy with me. Why is that do you think?” he asked cocking his head to the side

“Look it seems we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, this is just not making sense to me right now, its a lot to process.” she said trying to give a grin, but ended up snapping at him, again.

“No we are on the right foot, I understand Princess, I make you nervous”

“Why do you keep calling me that, its annoying. And no you don't. That has nothing to do with it.”

“Its because you are attracted to me isn't it? It’s OK if you are, I can take it.”

“Are you always this arrogant and self absorbed or is it just for my benefit?”She snapped

“No, I am always like this so don’t feel special, altho I was pretty nice to your mom, so I suppose she would have been an exception.”

“Speaking of my mother” Bailey snapped again and took a step froward “is that why your here, why your working for her, was it to get to me?” she asked not sure she would lash out at the answer.

“Mostly yes, but you make it sound like I'm an assassin or something. I also needed to make sure that you were the one who bought Malldhor, otherwise this would not have gone as smoothly as it did.”

“Oh right! Malldhor” she looked towards the horse “So he can like, fly?”

“Of course he can fly why do you think he has wings, honestly Princess, are you sure you have some brains in there?” he said reaching for her head to tap on it, but Bailey quickly slapped his hand away.

“Oh shut up, I was just saying it because this has all caught me off guard, I want to make sure I’ve not completely lost my mind, all this is so strange, this just doesn’t happen, you know?.” Said Bailey

“Well if we are going to make it to the valley by sunrise to get in through the door before it shuts we better get out asses in gear, are you done being flabbergasted, or do I need to smack you out of it?” he said smiling at her

His mocking tone did nothing for her patients but she shrugged and walked towards the house. Walking around the corner of the house she stepped up on the porch, nice thing about this house was the huge porch. When Bailey was younger she used to spend hours upon hours on this porch, it was her favourite place. She pushed the swing as she went by and from the corner of her eye; she saw a very odd shape next to the house. The figure was very large from what she could see. Looking behind here at Ben she asked “What's that over there?”