Chapter 12

Chapter 12, please vote if you like it..... 

 After Mallor had explainedto Bailey what was foretold, the things that Ben could not tell her, he decided to leave and give them some privacy, saying he would be back by morning for her decision. It was only about 5pm and Bailey having heard quite a lot in the last little while, was still feeling I'll.

“I don’t know what to say” Bailey started.

“I know its a lot to take in, but now that you already know, my oath has been broken.” replied Ben.

“So now you can tell me?” she smiled and squeezed his hand.

“Yes now I could tell you, but really whats the point in hearing a cryptic lady voice twice in one night.” he chucked.

“Well her voice was sexy, If I do say so myself” Bailey replied, trying to keep the nonchalance tone. Ben just sighed at her joke. “Whats wrong” she asked wrapping her arm around his body. After the house elf left, Bailey and Ben had laid down on the Ben together just to relax, and talk a little bit on the things that were kind of said between them. Bailey snuggled closer to Ben and wrapped arms tighter around his chest.

“Well there is lots wrong Bailey” he said with a snort “For one, seven immortal races are coming after you” he said matter-of-factly “And for two, I’ve done the worst possible thing in my life”

Bailey didn’t know how to respond to that, she didn’t know what he had done that could be so wrong. Bailey wanted to know, but at the same time, a twinge in her gut told her not to ask. So she didn’t. She just hugged tighter, scared to look at his face, or move for fear he would go away. Then as her gut began to clench, guilt seeped in. Guilt over Dean. Bailey not thinking straight bolted up out of Bens arms and out through the bedroom door, ignoring Bens protests.

“BAILEY”shouted Ben as she ran for the kitchen. “What is going on” suddenly Ben was standing right next to her as she leaned over the kitchen sink splashing water on her face and neck.

“Will you please tell me what just happened back there?” snapped Ben in an annoyed but full of concern tone.

“Im sorry, I-” Bailey tried to breath, to calm herself. She had been so engrossed in her surrounding that she didn’t even think about the people back home, for days now. Guilt and panic surged through the pours of her body, making her legs feel like jello and her heart race. Everything began to ache, tears started to betray their shields and fall openly down her cheeks. Is this what a panic attack feels like? Is this what it feels like to betray your family for people you don’t know, for some stupid ass prophecy?

Bailey felt sick, her mind and body responding to the sudden stress. Ben seemed to notice the tears that now filled her eyes and leaned in to comfort her. “NO” she spat “I can't Ben, I-” more tears falling as she tried to control herself “I can't Ben” Bailey paused and looked up at Ben who stood, anguish and fear prominent on his face, he was confused.

“Bailey” Ben began only to be stopped when she put her hand up.

“This is wrong, you told me that yourself. I shouldn’t be here Ben, I should be home, with my family. Whats going to happen to them Ben” her tone now enforcing her anger, anger not really meant for him, but it was there non-the-less.

“I don’t know Bailey, I don’t have the answer for you, I wish I did.” he said solemnly

“Ben I need to go home”

“Bailey” he said pained.

“No BEN, I NEED to go HOME, god damn it, what don’t you understand?” now shouting. Bailey didn’t wait for him to respond, she turned on her heels and bolted to her room, slamming the door behind her.