Love Interest: Bala Lakshman

NATIONALITY/SPECIES:
Human Indian-American;
US citizen

AGE:
16
Sophomore
November 22, 1977

HAIR:
Extra long black hair braided down his back

GENERAL BODY DESCRIPTION:
IV copper skin
Short Torso Long Legs Vertical Body Type
Rectangle Horizontal Body Shape
Big square hands with perpendicular arch
Even spatulate fingers with vertical nails
Small arched Greek feet

GENERAL FACIAL DESCRIPTION:
Inverted Triangle face
Even-set prominent round light hazel eyes
Flat nose with open nostrils
Overbite with thick lips
Cupid's bow has a narrow-shallow V, rounded bottom and sharp peaks
Rounded ariol

CLOTHES:
Briefs
Flannel wear, T-shirt
Jeans
Sandals and work boots

ACCESSORIES:
Cattleman cowboy hat
Necklace

FAMILY:
Older sister (19-20), brother-in-law (25), and his niece (1-2), mother (deceased), father (deceased)

FRIENDS:
Brother-in-law; the Coven (not really)

INTENTION:
Love

SKILLS:
*Psychometry
Blood craft
Krav Maga
Bilingual (English and Hindi)

HOBBIES:
Writing (poetry, fiction, and non-fiction)
Reading
Dancing

GOALS:

To repent for his sins, usually by punishing himselfTo learn that it was an accident, and self-defense, and that he can "repent" by protecting those he loves and cares for. He can still find happiness and have his own family some day. Just as his blood-craft had been used to kill, it can also be used to protect, so should not feel shame for having the ability.
MOTIVATION:Bala loved his parents, but despised the way they treated him and his sister, so he didn't know which one to feel. He became confused, but wanted to be a good son. Because of that, he feels guilt, and murder is sin, so feels that he has to repent somehow.

HISTORY:
His family had emigrated from India many generations ago, but the ancient traditions, rules, and practices are still very much alive. He hadn't minded his parents' strict conduct until he saw the way his older sister had been treated. She loved America—the food, the clothes, other people, and eventually fell in love with an older guy despite being planned for an arranged marriage. She got pregnant in her senior year of high school, and had brought shame into the family [1990]. No matter how much she fought for her individuality, their parents wouldn't understand or support her.

Their mother had tried to induce a miscarriage through poison, but Bala had served the teacup, and had seen what his mother had put into it, so he told his sister. She moved in with her boyfriend, who married her soon after, but before his niece was born [1991]. Because of the shame, and feeling of betrayal, and not wanting Bala to end up like his sister, their parents took out their frustrations out on Bala.

Bala prayed to Kali so earnestly, wanting his parents to understand and to fully support him and his sister. During one of his beatings, and internal pleadings and wanting the ability to protect himself and his sister, Kali sought him, and gave him the power of blood-craft. Bala's parents accidentally cut themselves, or their callouses burst, and their blood mixed with Bala's. Bala accidentally killed his parents, and passed out. His sister had gotten a bad feeling, and arrived at their home and found Bala. Police never solved the case, and Bala never told anyone the truth.

Dr. Phillips had heard the story, and came to offer Bala a full scholarship to Fintan's Academy. Before then, his brother-in-law, who had been a Marine, taught Bala basic Krav Maga so he can defend himself. Once he arrived at Fintan's, he found other humans, and heard that they knew of the craft. He shared a little of what he could do, and soon regretted it. They blackmailed him and forced him to do their bidding.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
He and his family practices Hindu (which I need to further read and research upon).