(Chapter 17) Recap

#17

Recaptioning of the end to the last chapter-

"He then got out of his car and headed into the mcd's, But when he got In, there was no HPD officers, and no Catherine.............."

Steve then headed back out to the cruiser to double check.

When he got out there, something caught his eye at the back of the cruiser. It was a small red-tinted-brown smudge. He popped the trunk and saw 2 men, stripped down to their under shirts and boxers, zip tied, and shot in the head execution stile.

Steve: What the hell?

.....................Meanwhile....................

Catherine woke up in the trunk of a car. She was very sore and her hands and feet were tied. Her head hurt as she tried to think back to how this happened, trying to remember if there was anyway someone would ever be able find her.

She remembered walking out of the hospital with the two armed officers.

Catherine: Be safe! (She had called back to Steve as the two officers loaded her into the back seat of the cop car)

Officer: This is officer Mikes from the 39th, responding to a perp pick up. The perp has been received and we are headed back to the precinct. (1 of the cops said after getting to the drivers seat)

Police Radio: Roger that, we'll be awaiting your arrival.

He then started driving, and it was a quiet ride for a while til' they pulled off to the side of the road on a remote part of the street.

Mikes: This is Officer Mikes, calling in some difficulties in pick up process, expect slight delay.

Catherine: Why? What's wrong?

PR: Mikes, this is officer Kale responding to your distress call. Will you be needing any assistance?

Mikes: No. It's a minor flaw, should be an easy fix. We should be back on the road in no time, but still expect delays in case it doesn't go so smoothly.

PR: Alrighty, It has been noted.

Catherine: What's the delay? Is there something wrong?

Then she saw a white utility van speed right up, and pull directly beside them.

Catherine: Whoa, who the hell is that?

The men both got out of the squad car, 1 came around back to the back seat where Catherine was, while the other 1 opened up the back of the van. As that was in process, another man got out of the van wearing gloves, and a gas mask on his forehead, while caring a spray bottle and a rag. He opened up the drivers door to the squad car.

Catherine: What the hell is going on?

Gloved man: Clean up baby. Brace yourself, this stuff tends to smell. (He said, lowering his gas mask, and spraying the storing wheel)

Catherine could recognize the smell. It was a bleach and alcohol cocktail, a lesser version of chloroform, made of haloforms, which might not be deadly, but still does have painful and if not properly dealt with, long term affects. And she had no doubt on what he was using it for. He was removing the guys prints, but why? This was just supposed to be a regular pick up.

Catherine: (She started coughing as the smell was getting to her.) Who the hell *cough* are you *cough* people? (She said, as she brought her hands infront of herself to cover her mouth with her shirt.)

The man who had come over to the backseat where Catherine was, opened up the door, grabbed Catherine by the arm, and ripped her out of the car. As she struggled to get away, she was hit in the head multiple times, with a blunt object, that she only could identify as the butt of the gun, until she lost all consciousness.