Chapter 25

As I crack my eyes open, everything is blurry. Suddenly, a bright light hit my eyes making me close them and groan lightly. When I open them again my eyes adjust. I was laying down in the back seat of Jay's truck. I sat up and looked out of the wind-shield. I almost laid back down as I became dizzy and light-headed.

"Where are we going?" I asked rubbing my eyes. As I looked into the rear-view mirror I noticed the reddish brown color in my hair and on my face and neck. It was dried blood. There was a slow and painful pounding in my head and I saw a gash on the left side of my face beside my hair line, moving back into my brown hair.

I press my fingers to it and hiss at the pain it caused. He glance up at me before going back to the road. "We're almost there just shut up!" He snaps obviously angry. I decide to keep my mouth shut. I had already made him mad enough to smash some glass over my head.

I just sat there, looking out the window as we passed trees and very few cars. Throughout the past ten minutes I've only seen one car. He slowly pulls up to a small parking lot. Outside of a park. Confusion filled me. He stepped out of the vehicle and I followed. "Why are we here?" I asked and he avoided my question.

Shoving me I front of him, he spoke. "Go!" I walked around aimlessly. Every time I would wonder off in the wrong direction he would push me back on track. Soon we came to a trail that went through a large patch of woods. He nudged me roughly into it and I followed it's seemingly endless twists and turns. Eventually there was a small clearing. A little bigger than the parking lot. I remember this place. It's the cliff. It's towards the end of the rail road tracks, about twenty minutes away. At the bottom of the cliff there was a raging storm of water crashing against rocks. Wait, why am I here?

"What's going on?" I asked as I looked back to Jay, who stood at the tree line. He smirked maliciously at me. Taking a step closer, then another. He stood before me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You remind me so much of your mother. Which is why you disgust me. You're even worse." My heart dropped to my stomach as the words fell from his lips.

There was still a little hope left. I mean he cried when she died. "Well, you married her." I noted aloud, he glared at me. He slowly took more steps towards me, causing me to back up.

"Yes, I loved her. However, I don't love you. I hate you. You are disgusting and weak and worthless. Your own mother didn't want you but she kept you because your father didn't want you either. He left and she was stuck with you. She used to complain about you to me all the time. When you turned five you both moved in and that's when I realized why she didn't want you. You barely ever talked but when you did you wanted something. You always complained about everything. She had to pay for a monster! She bought you all kinds of stuff and you were never grateful. You always wanted more." He told me and I started to believe him.

My mom did buy me things sometimes if I asked, but I always said thank you. I tried to be polite. I don't really remember much about my childhood. I remember that I was five when he started to hit me, that's about it. I believed him. I was a monster, but maybe he was lying. Either way I'm different now. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked him and he smirked again.

"Because I hate you. My life has been miserable ever since you came into it. I want you gone. Remember when I said that I was happy you'd be gone in a while?" He asked and I recalled him saying that to me. I was going to be eighteen so I'd leave.

"Yes," I replied weakly.

"Well this is what I meant." He ground out darkly. He reached his hand behind his back and pulled out a silver gun, pointing it at my head. I took a step back and gasped as I almost fell off the cliff. He had me cornered and if I took a step back I'd fall to my death, if I moved any other way he'd shoot me.