Chapter 21

(Reese's POV)

School ended about an hour ago. Graham had spent every second he could with me. Which I was thankful for. I liked being around him. Probably because I like him.

When I was in nothing but a towel he was checking me out and it didn't bother me one bit. I just wanted to know what he thought of me. I wanted to know what he was thinking at that time. I guess I'll just have to find out myself.

I kick a rock as I make my way to the cemetery. I was visiting my moms grave. I made it a point to visit as often as I could, I'd update her on what was going in with my life. It was ridiculous that they didn't even have a funeral for her. They just buried her. Once I reach her grave I become confused. There are dozens of flowers that covered her headstone. Roses, daisies, and carnations. I hadn't put them there, so who did?

My moms grave that was once dull and bare is now colorful and bright because of the many flowers. Maybe Jay was the one who did it. I think he loved her, that would explain why he had cried when he found out she died. I'll just ask him. He's changed, when he saw me at home he didn't yell or hit me. He didn't even glare my way.

"Hey, mom." I greet the medium sized gravestone. "Who gave you all these flowers?"

Of course I got no answer, I mean, I'm talking to a stone. I just feel like she can hear me, like she's listening. She's always listen to me before. She'd listen to my problems and then give me advice. I just wish she was here and I'll always want that. I know she can't come back. I'm okay with that now because I've accepted her death. I will find out who did this to her and the baby. I want to hear their excuse as to why they did this, then fled the scene. I want to know if they are remorseful for what they've done. There are just a lot of unanswered questions.

"So there's this guy," I started. Yes, I was going to tell her about Graham. He was my only crush and he cared for me. I wanted to tell her I was being treated right, to let her know that I was okay. "His name is Graham. He's sweet and he's nice to me. He knows about Jay as well. He just wants to protect me. He's held me while I cried and he's helped me through hard times. We almost kissed, actually. I really wanted him to kiss me but his sister and her friend interrupted. I hope he kisses me soon though." I blush at the thought of his lips on mine.

I tell her all about the last month, some things I've already told her once before. I tell her about Adrienne and how I miss her. She's coming back in one day and as soon as she does we're going shopping and having a movie marathon. I talk for three hours as I sit at the foot of her grave.

Once I finish, I bid her farewell then I stand up to leave. There was a sound of rustling in the distance. I walk two steps towards the noise and squint my eyes trying to see better. I back away slowly, getting ready to turn and leave,  when I see a head peak out from behind a tree. It was retracted quickly and my eyes widen as I turn and take off running. I dart through the trees as I take the short way out.

I didn't get a good look at the face but I saw they had short hair. Once I thought I was a safe distance away I slowed my pace. I walked all the way home to my house, which both Graham and Cameron would oppose to. When I step inside I see Jay passed out on the couch  with his mouth open causing him to drool everywhere.

I walked into the basement and set my bag down. I was ready for a nap. My sleep last night was restless. Then I had the nightmare. I am so embarrassed about that. I'm such a weak person. I cried in Graham's arms until I fell asleep. Jays right, I am pathetic.

After about an hour nap I realized that I was starving. Jogging upstairs I saw that Jay was no longer sleeping either. I made some chicken and mashed potatoes. "Jay, are you hungry?" I call into the living room. He comes out into the kitchen.