seventeen

Henry and I sat next to each-other in Regina's office, which funny enough, I'd never been in before.
We sat there in silence starting at both Heroes and Villains and Once Upon A Time until we heard footsteps coming from behind us. We both turned around and saw The Apprentice. "It is tempting, is it not? The power of the quill" he said, taking a seat next to Henry.
"I just keep thinking..." Henry began, "maybe I could use it just one more time to bring back my dad?"
The Apprentice raised his eyebrows before looking away for a moment, then back at Henry. "Henry, not even an author can bring back the dead. No matter how much they might wish it"
"But Hook was dead and I brought him back to life-" Henry protested.
"Hook's death was never real. It was fiction created by Isaac. Now thanks to you that fiction has been erased." He interrupted. The Apprentice then opened Heroes and Villains and went through all the blank pages. "You see? All gone."
Henry sighed and hung his head. I decided perhaps I should go and leave him and The Apprentice in peace to talk about this. So when the room went silent I stood up and stood behind Henry, putting my hands on both his shoulders and leaning over. "I'm gonna leave you two to talk about this, okay? I'll be walking around somewhere in Storybrooke" I said to him. He turned his head around and smiled weakly. "Okay" He said before giving me a soft kiss on my lips. I returned the smile before turning away and walking outside to let Henry and The Apprentice talk alone.

I zipped up my jacket and put my hands in my pockets and shivered slightly. Wow, I didn't expect it to be so dark and cold outside already.

***

I looked up at the buildings and realised that I was at the edge of the town. "Woah, I swear just now I was in Regina's office how did I get here?" I whispered to myself.
I then felt a few gusts of winds hit me, causing my hair to fly about in my face. I irritatingly pulled the strands out of my face but got even more annoyed as more gusts of wind hit me harder. Soon enough I tucked most of my hair behind my ears but as I carried on walking... it didn't last for long.
"Where the hell is all this wind coming from?" I asked myself. I then happened to look up at a window of a building which I'd never actually come across before... I guess I've never been in this small part of Storybrooke before.
But then I saw a flash of blue in the window's reflection.
I stopped and stared at the window, waiting to see if the blue light appeared again. A few seconds later it did and before I knew it the blue light was constantly flashing. "What the-"
A huge gust of wind then snapped me out of my gaze and realised the wind was getting stronger. I then heard someone yell and spun towards it's direction immediately. "What the hell is happening" I said to myself. I ran in the direction of the light, yells and wind, which was now blowing in my face, forcing my hair to blow behind me so I could now see everything fine.

I ran down a small alleyway and found myself back in the centre of Storybrooke. But I wasn't alone...
There stood Regina, Robin, Snow, Charming, Hook and Emma. Emma! She next to the centre of the swirling blue light, staring at it. Everyone was staring at we despair. I could hear Snow's faint cries and I could tell Charming was trying to comfort her, knowing there was nothing they could do.
But what the hell is happening?

"Brooke!" I heard Hook shout. I looked in his direction and saw him staring at my helplessly. I ran over to him. "What's happening?!" I yelled over the wind.
"She's sacrificing herself!" Hook shouted. "I don't know what to do!"
"What?! Sacrificing herself for who?"
"Regina!" He shouted. "So she doesn't become The Dark One and gets her happy ending!"
My eyes widened. Before I could say anything Hook ran up to Emma. I watched Emma stare at him hopelessly. After a second or too I watched both Emma and Hook shut their eyes and bring their foreheads together. Emma then pulled away and said something else that I couldn't make out over the wind, before stepping away from him, letting the blue light consume here.
"No!" We all cried.

But it was over. There was nothing we could do about it. In a blink of an eye the blue light had disappeared along with the wind. I heard something drop next to me. I moved the strands of hair away from my face and looked at the ground to see what had landed beside me.
My jaw dropped as I saw The Dark One's sword lying next to me. Apart from it didn't say Rumplestilskin anymore... I stared at it in disbelief, trying to process what was now engraved on the dagger.
"Brooke!" Regina called out. I heard footsteps coming up behind me but I refused to move - my body wouldn't let me.
"What does it say? What are you looking at?" she asked me.
My lip trembled as I struggled to speak. Soon enough I managed to open my mouth and say the words written on the dagger.

"Emma Swan..."