IX ~ How we almost got killed by Mariweather Lewis

Hello! Sorry for the long wait for this chapter! But it has finally come! I juse ask you to keep in mind that all oth this is taking place when Amy Pond first became a companion. Thats when I started writing this. I promise soon I will catch up to current story lines form the show. Thank you for reading and showing support! ***12 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER***

He kept his horse at a pause forcing the wagons and people behind him to stop as well.

          “Well I’m positive I heard something.” Lewis says turning his head around.

          “I-I heard nothing…” I respond also turning my head around trying to act quizzical.

          “Whats the hold up?” Asks the Doctor loudly as he walks out of his wagon and up to our horse.

          “I heard a noise.” Said Lewis, still looking around.

          “Awww.  ‘Ickle Marywedda scared of a widdle noise?” Says the Doctor sarcastically, I can already tell where this is going to end up, “Come along Janet, We’ve got better places to be with a little wuss.” He continues as he grabs my waist and takes me off the horse.

          “Whats with everyone and calling me Janet recently?!” I throw in. Suddenly Lewis draws his gun and points it at the Doctor.

          “Noone calls me a wuss.” He says as he demounts his horse. The doctor pushes me behind him as he takes out his screwdriver. The two men come face to face.

          “Really? I would think more people would give you the facts.” Said the Doctor slyly.

          “Humph. You know what? I’m going to give you a chance, for Janet-“

          “Seriously!” I shout interrupting him, but he continues talking.

          “I’ll give you the chance to walk out of here right now, with Janet and I’ll leave you alone.” He continues

          “Humph!” I add but am quickly cut off

          “Oh really, and what If I don’t want to accept your chance?” Says the Doctor, inching closer to Lewis.

          “Then we turn to drastic measures.” Lewis replies as he takes up his gun. I bring out my own Sonic from my back pocket and run into the center of this little brawl.

          “Gentlemen, gentlemen, theres no need for weapons or duels.” I say. The Doctor backs off slightly but Lewis does not.

          “I already gave him his chance.” Says Lewis as he fires his gun. The bullet goes straight for the Doctor but hits a tree narrowly missing the Doctor’s head.

          “Doctor, maybe we should-“

          “Run, yah, we should.” The Doctor finishes grabbing my hand and pulling me after him. Luckily we hadn’t gotten very  far on horseback, so it wasn’t that hard of a run. Although the occasional sound of a gun firing was off putting, we still somehow made it back into the TARDIS.

          “So,” Says the Doctor fixing the TARDIS controls “How many historical figure can we not visit ever again does that make?” He looks at me with his stunningly green eyes.

          “74.” I say smiling. He smiles back and walks towards me. He kisses my forehead, like he does every night and tells me to go to bed. I do as he says, not because he said so, but because for the first time in about 6 years I felt genuinely tired.

          I walk down the hall towards the Doctos and my quarters when I notice an open door, I peer inside. In the bottom bunk of the bunk bed that inhabited this room was a girl, sound asleep. She had firey red hair and multiple freckles.

          I sigh to myself. Thinking about how past companions have ended up with me staying in the backroom, seeing no action. But something convinced me that what all the doctor had done today meant that maybe he would possibly consider of taking us both.