Bromance

I'm including (for this chapter - possibly a few others too) different P.O.V's for other characters. So this chapter will include a little snippet from ol' Tony and Banner. It'll just break up the chapters, and create a fill in before the good stuff comes ;)

Enjoy!

Elise xo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banner

My bromance with Tony had certainly been worth it's time, and had really saved my ass. I'd most likely be back out there in the world, living in some country where I'm living alone and constantly having to revolve my life around my nerves. Although I must say that always being angry had it's benefits, I didn't know I had it in me.

I used to see the other side of me as 'another guy' but I realised he was just as much a part of me as I am. I knew time would treat me well, I knew someday I'd be able to be cured and rid myself of the Hulk, but now I realise I needed him to stick around - just in case the ending of the world happens or whatever. 

Tony and I had been working on some new technology for S.H.I.E.L.D whilst the city was being cleansed and reconstructed. The new and improved weapons and system programmes we made were impressive; albeit coming together slowly. It was hard to get the old brain functioning when it was so tired and knocked about. 

"I think we need to re-wire the boards in the generators, the air is always so dry in here - almost as dry as Steve's sense of humour" Tony chuckled to himself before taking a bite from his apple. I rolled my eyes as I joined him at the lunch table, I didn't realise how hungry I was until I noticed the array of food spread out across the table. 

"Hey hey, we're all team members now. Be nice 'metal man'" I mocked Thor's voice, and in doing so received a positive snort from Tony. 

"I'm only kidding. Steve is alright with me, I think he knocked a little more sense into me" Tony shrugged his shoulders.

"What do you mean"? I asked, before taking a bite of the bagel in my hands. Tony sauntered over to the desk to collect a glass of whiskey before sitting back down next to me. 

"I did act like a hero before this whole Avengers thing. I was a self-absorbed, arrogant and noble dick, and I liked to believe that I was wonderful and all that crap, but I was only ever doing it for myself. Of course when Pepper came along I learnt more about caring for others and all that sort of sentimental stuff, but I just kept fighting for the glory. So when I saw that missile heading towards New York I didn't think of myself for once, I thought of the Avengers and everyone in New York, and I guess I can fairly say that what I did was pretty heroic or some shit. Steve was right, so I wanted to prove him wrong and so I did" Tony sighed in relief as he put his feet up on the table. 

"Pretty deep man" I sunk back in my chair before taking a sip from my bottle of beer. "I like it here at S.H.I.E.L.D, it's calming in the most stressful way" I relaxed as the radio that was sitting on the work bench began to play a reggae song. 

"Well I'm glad you've planned on staying my friend, I could use someone like you around here to help" Tony patted my shoulder as he laid back in the chair. 

"What's the plan for today then"? I stretched my arms above my head feeling the exhaustion bekon me to dream land.

"We can go down to the city later and lend a helping hand, and then get paralyzed from whiskey" Tony brushed a few crumbs of his lap from his sandwich, before slapping his hands together.