Itsy Bitsy Spider

I really don't know what to write here...

At all...

So, hello and enjoy the chapter :)

Elise xo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha Romonoff

I'm strapped down to a table. My wrists and bare legs are strapped down and secured with thick leather shackles. I immediately start to panic as I realise I'm only wearing a medical gown in some foreign room; the minimum lighting around me is driving me insane! Where am I?

"Ah, it looks as if our little spider is awake" The voice is coming from every direction; ricocheting off the cracking walls. I try to open my mouth but my lips are trembling and my tongue is as dry as sand paper. I try freeing my hands from the restrainers but I can barely move my toes let alone my hands.

A man appears wearing a white lab coat; I can't make out his face as my eyes are blurry and watering for some unknown reason. "Itsy bitsy spider, climbed up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out" The deep, mocking voice sang, sending a liquid fire chill down my spine.

The man took steps closer and closer towards me, repeating the same eerie tune over and over again as he came within inches of me. His freezing hands were suddenly wrapped around my arms, almost piercing me with their coldness. "The Black Widow doesn't look so menacing now" The bitter voice chuckled, he took one hand away to retrieve a injection from his coat pocket.

He's going to kill me, or worse, brain-wash me.

Clint Barton

The sound of a shrill scream roused me from my sleep. I immediately shot from my bed before sprinting to the destination of the scream. I barged through Natasha's door, my fists up and clenched, ready to fight the intruder - I let my hands drop to my sides noticing how Natasha wasn't in any peril.

What I was seeing now was much more peculiar than that. Nat was sobbing in to her hands - her hair all over the place. The bed sheets were strewn across the floor, the pillows crumpled and thrown away from the bed. "Nat"!? I ran towards the bed before taking her hands in mine, the salty tears still falling from her eyes.

"He nearly got me this time Clint, he nearly got me" Natasha cried, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Who Nat? Ssh, it's okay" I pulled her up in to my arms, alarmed by her severe shaking. Nat's tears stopped as she nestled her face in to my chest. I stroked her hair, pushing it out of her flustered face. Natasha never broke her composure - I'd never seen her crack.

After a few minutes of just uneven breathing, I kissed her forehead and wiped a few relentless tears from her warm cheeks. Who was she talking about? Had there been someone in the room? She stopped shaking, and all that remained was the silhouette of a stream of tears on her face. I looked over at the digital clock on her bedside table; it read 2:30am.

"I'm sorry" Nat whispered, not unlocking her arms from their hold around my neck.

"Don't be" I rested my chin on top of her head, lightly rubbing her back as her breathing returned to normal. After a good solid ten minutes, Natasha let go of my neck and headed in to the bathroom to splash her face with some cool water. It felt strange. Never before had I seen Natasha so much as shed a single tear, let alone a Monsoon of emotion.

And the contact; such close contact. Working on a professional level was hard; especially when you develop feelings for a fellow agent. Natasha and I had always kept our relationship in a safe, friendship and work mate standard, seeing as we'd rarely get much time together alone to just talk and be at ease. Ever since I got her in to S.H.I.E.L.D, I will admit, I have been infatuated - although I wasn't entirely sure if she did, or would ever feel the same.