Thick Silence

Clint Barton

216 hours with Natasha had passed, or in other words a week and two days. The awkwardness had died down, replacing it was a comfortable and open atmosphere that allowed the conversation between us to flow freely. Although there was something different about the nights, and something different about Nat that had caught my attention - I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"I don't want to go running today" Nat groaned, slumping down on the couch beside me.

"We don't have to go then. This is a vacation after all..." I smirked, flipping the channel on the television over several times searching for something to watch other than the news.

"Lets do something else instead. We can go down to the beach, or the town or..." Her sentence trailed off as she seemed to run out of places for us to go. Morroco wasn't exactly spoiled with fun places, other than beaches, towns and nightclubs - which you could easily find around every corner in the US.

Defeated, I gave up flicking through the television and switched it off instead. "We can go to a bar"? I suggested. This vacation was starting to become tedious, although I wasn't exactly complaining - a month away from work, and I got to spend every day with Natasha, it was certianly a treat.

"Sure. I'll go get ready" Natasha smiled sweetly, before getting to her feet. I picked up the housephone from the table, dialling in Gehan's number.

Natasha Romonoff

The nightmares had been fading, although they were still there in the back of my mind. In my hindsight I would have killed Loki if I'd ever got the chance, but I knew it wasn't just him clouding my mind - I could feel my past creeping back up on me. HYDRA...the Soviets...the brain washing.

I sunk down on to my bed, burying my face in the pillow. I knew I was safe, I knew I couldn't be taken again - I belonged to S.H.I.E.L.D and I was planning to stay that way. All the years I'd lost to being someone different, killing and lying and living the life I was led to believe was mine, and just as I was beginning to think more about my life, the scent of Clint from the pillow instantly calmed me.

I'd managed to pick up the hours of sleep I'd needed with Clint sleeping next to me. Although I usually woke up from the nightmare in the early hours of the night, I could instantly lie down and just stare at Clint, or even if I'd woke Clint from his slumber from my nightmare, he would pull me closer to him and stroke my hair.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I got off the bed, heading towards my wardrobe. I pulled on my sleevless black sequined dress; which came above my knees and was rather snug on certain areas. I put on a pair of white platform heels, before heading back down stairs. As I waited in the foye of the house for Clint, I heard the beep of a car horn from who I assumed was Gehan.

Clint Barton

I'd never been one to care much about fashion or looks like Tony Stark, but I must admit at times I looked dapper. I pulled on a simple pair of black pants, white button up shirt and black blazer. As I headed down the stairs of the house in to the foye, I couldn't help but stare at Natasha. The dress she was wearing hugged her curves tightly ;her legs long and slender. I wolf whistled as I drew closer to her. "Someone looks hot"

"You're not too bad yourself" Nat rolled her eyes, slotting her arm in to mine.

"You looking to score tonight"? I joked, although the slight delay from her reponse sent a nervous chill down my spine.

"Well you'll probably end up drinking under the bar with some blond girl, so why not" Natasha shrugged her shoulders, I scooted closer to her in the back of Gehan's cab.