Chapter 18: Poker Party!

Recap:

                He walked past me into the guest bedroom where he was staying. I went to the coach and sat down and waited for Jake to get here.

****

Jake came to pick me up at six like he said he would and we are currently driving to Hannah’s house. I don’t know how Will is getting a ride and I don’t really care. I started to let my thoughts wonder to random things.

                My beautiful silence was broken by Jake, “Kristen, we’re here.” I looked up to see a mansion. Yup, I thought we’re here.

                We walked up to the front door and Jake was about to knock when the door came swinging open.

                “Jeez, Paul!! You scared me!!” I yelled at him while I hit him on his arm.

                “AWW! Look at You, all grown up and in a dress!” He cooed, “Twirl for me!” What! I’m not his slave, but I thought came to my mind and I gave him an innocent smile and twirled making sure to let my hair slap him in the face.

                “Kristen! That got in my mouth! Wait, Mhh, your shampoo tastes good.” He said thoughtfully.

                “Ewww…” I said.

                Just than Hannah walked by and said, “Come on in! Hey Kristen! How’s it going?”

                “Good.” I told her.

                “That’s great!” She yelled, “Can you help me in the kitchen?” She said and without waiting for my reply she dragged me off. I gave Jake a scowl and he just shrugged. He’ll pay! We walked into her kitchen and it was huge! Marble counter tops greeted us and a wooden bar area it was sweet!

                “WOW! Girl you look good! I wanted you all to myself,” Hannah said than winked, “this dress is so much better than the shorts and tee you came in with last time!” I blushed at the memory, but then I remembered what almost happened last time I came here, “Wes was punished, don’t worry. He didn’t get kicked out of the pack, but with the punishment he got I would have wanted to be kicked out.” She snickered.

                My eyes went wide, “what was his punishment?”

                She just started laughing and I heard little snip bits from her like, ‘pitch fork’; ‘manure’; ‘Old ladies’, and ‘Baths’.

                “And that wasn’t even all of it.” She finished her rant that I hadn’t understood, but I broke out laughing any way.

                “So is this what you came to talk to me about?” I asked

                “Um, no, actually, I was wondering if you wanted to spend the night tomorrow, and if you can what time would you come?” She asked.

                “Well, I probably can come, and I’d come at like six? Because I should go to church at three so we can sleep in Sunday morning.”

                “Sounds good.” Hannah said.

                “Is that it?” I asked.

                “Yup, for right know at least.” She said; than she grabbed my hand and drug me back out. Some more people had already arrived, and the music had started. Jake came up behind me and grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him.