Chapter Twelve

A/n- By Odin's beard, I've had a busy day. *exhausted sigh* I've literally been going since 8:30 this morning without one break. It's 8:20 PM now. Sorry if this chapter doesn't meet par tonight. I am exhausted. Please enjoy! -LL_17

"It's only natural that Stephanie should be able to use magic so easily," Sensei Wu explained. Zane and Pixal didn't seem too surprised at their daughter's sudden magical abilities. "Both her biological parents were strong in magic."

"What does biological mean?" Stephanie asked.

"It means your birth parents," Zane explained. He and Pixal had decided not to keep Kyle and Stephanie's adoptions secret from them. "Your real parents."

"Oh, I see," she said nodding. "But just because they are my birth parents doesn't mean they are my real parents. My real parents will always be you. You're the ones that have fed me, raised me, clothed me, and loved me."

Pixal and Zane both smiled at her words. Cole would even argue that Zane was beaming. He hugged Stephanie close and kissed her forehead.

"Well, that solves the magic thing," Amaya said. "But what about Cole's hair?"

"That is odd but I'm not sure what you necessarily want to know?"

"I'm not sure either, Amaya," Cole said. "It just serves as a painful reminder to my past."

"I don't know myself. Something just feels off," she answered. "Don't mind me. I'm probably just being paranoid.

She turned on her heals and walked out taking the hair with her. She still couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

**********************************

"Xavier, Daddy and Mommy said not to use your powers unless there are adults around," Julia said nervously.

"Relax, Jewels," he said using her nickname. "I can handle it."

"He also said not to become too confident," she said crossing her arms.

"But it's so cool! And Dad can't be around all the time," he whined. "See watch this!"

Xavier's hands began to glow with a dark purple energy. He began to grind his teeth with effort. Julia took a step back in alarm. A dark energy ball began to form between Xavier's hands.

"Cool, now stop," Julia said fearfully.

"I can't!" Xavier said panicked.

"Daddy!" Julia screamed.

Xavier was trying to hold his power in check until his dad came. He began to be pulled by the energy. He couldn't hold it much longer. Suddenly the energy ball went flying from his hands just as Lloyd walked in.

"Daddy! Watch out!" Xavier screamed.

Lloyd tried to dodge but was too late. The energy slammed into his chest and he slammed back against the wall. Xavier could here Lloyd's head crack against the hard wood. Julia screamed and began to cry.

"Mommy! Grandpa! Grandma!" She yelled running out of the room.

Xavier ran to his dad and began to shake him.

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up!" He said with tears streaming down his cheek. "I'm so sorry!"

Lloyd's eyes fluttered open but then closed again. Xavier sighed with relief but didn't stop crying. Garmadon rushed in followed by Aira.

"Xavier, What happened?!" Aira demanded.

"I was using my powers and I lost control. I should've listened! I'm so sorry!" He said sobbing.