Chapter Seven

"Emily?" Aira said softly.

"Aira, help me," she said softly.

"What do you mean? Help you with what?" Aira asked.

"Is Ronin out of the room?"

"Yes, I sent him downstairs to eat. He hasn't left your side since you blacked out," Aira said kneeling beside her bed.

"I'm gonna die," she said. Tears began to stream down her cheeks.

"No, you're going to be fine," Aira assured. "You just had a big trance and-"

"I saw the future," Emily said still crying. "I saw a glimpse of it at least."

"You are not going to die," Aira said forcefully.

"But I am," Emily said softly. "And I'm going to leave Ronin all alone. He can't be alone. It'll kill him."

"He won't be alone," Aira said. "He has you and the baby."

"Is the baby alright?"

"Yes, she is fine," Aira said smiling.

"How do you know it's a girl?"

"Zane analyzed the baby's hormones," Aira said smiling. "You're going to have a beautiful baby girl."

"You need to keep this gift," Emily said. "I will soon be unable to bare it."

"What are you talking about? Emily, you're making no sense," Aira said.

Emily took her hand and Aira felt a strong jolt go through her body. Her vision faded and she saw something. She was standing in a field. It was on fire and she was yelling a name. Then it faded.

Emily smiled and closed her eyes. Soon she was asleep again. Aira stood up and took a step back. She couldn't move or breath. What had just happened. She could still feel jolts coursing through her body and mind.

Aira walked slowly into the hall and downstairs.

"Aira, are you alright?" Jay asked as she walked by. She didn't answer.

"Auntie Aira?" Jason asked worriedly.

"Where's Lloyd?" She asked as if she was out of breath. She was still aloof like she didn't know what was going on.

"He is in the training room," Jay said raising an eyebrow at her.

She nodded and began to make her way there but stopped again. She grabbed a nearby table and tried to steady herself. Everything was fuzzy. She was so dizzy.

"Aira?" She heard Jay say but it sounded as if he was miles away. "Lloyd! Get in here!"

She slowly blinked and tried to stand up again. The world was turning in circles. She stumbled and fell. She felt someone catch her from behind. Then she was being carried. She thought she heard voices but they were faded and unintelligible. Then the world faded into black.

***********************************

Everything was dark. Aira couldn't move. Couldn't breath. She heard voices.

"Mommy?" Said the voice. "Mommy, please wake up."

Aira gasped for breath and sat up. Julia jumped away from the bed at her sudden movement. Lloyd was asleep in a chair next to the bed. He was holding a sleeping Haden and Xavier in his lap.

"It's okay, Julia," she said seeing her daughters frightened face. "Mommy is okay."

"You've been asleep," Julia said crying. "You've been asleep for three days."

"What?"

"Daddy," Julia said shaking Lloyd's arm. "Daddy!"

"What's wrong, Julia?" He asked groggily. He saw the fear in his daughter's eyes and suddenly became alert. "What's wrong!? Aira! You're awake!"

Xavier and Haden woke up at his outburst. Haden began to start fussing. Xavier slid off his lap and onto the floor.

"Lloyd, what happened?" Aira asked breathlessly.

"We were hoping you could tell us."

Lloyd stood and laid Haden on the bed. He looked sleepily up at Aira and then smiled. He crawled up to Aira, laid his head in her lap, and went back to sleep.

"It was weird," Aira said clutching her forehead. "Where is Emily!?"

"She is still asleep," Lloyd said worriedly.

"No, she woke up!" Aira corrected.

"No, she didn't," Lloyd said looking at her strangely.

"Yes! I went and saw her and then she spoke to me! Then I came downstairs and blacked out!"

"Aira, you were in the kitchen talking to Cole," Lloyd said. "Then you all of a sudden stopped talking. He said you were mumbling and then you walked into the hall and I caught you as you blacked out."

Aira looked at him and blinked.

"Stop that!" She yelled.

"Stop what?" Lloyd looked thoroughly alarmed now.

"You think I've been under too much stress!" She said angrily and then she stopped. "You didn't say that. How do I know that?"

"Aira, come downstairs with me now," Lloyd said moving Haden and picking her up. "Julia, keep an eye on Haden."

"Yes, Daddy," Julia said in a scared voice.

Lloyd carefully carried Aira down the stairs and into Wu's meditation room.

"Aira!" Wu exclaimed.

"We need all the adults in here now," Lloyd said hurriedly.

"What's wrong?" Wu asked concerned.

"I'm not sure yet," Lloyd said warily.

A/n- and the plot thickens! Hope you are enjoying! -LL_17