Chapter Six

"A new enemy is rising. Pain, betrayal, and death shall come in his wake. One can save all but loose herself. One shall turn down a dark path and spend a long time coming back to the light. One shall die but leave a light behind. One shall return to earthly form. And one shall bring the Savior back to herself."

Aira was repeating the prophecy over and over in her head. She wasn't sure who it was talking about. Emily still hadn't woken up. Ronin was about beside himself with worry. Lloyd seemed distant and no one had really spoken to each other since last night. Even the children were apprehensive. It's almost like they could feel something was going on.

Aira jumped when Lloyd touched her shoulder.

"You're thinking to hard," he said. "You didn't even notice me come in."

"I suppose I am," Aira sighed. "This prophecy has me worried."

"I think it has everyone worried," Lloyd said.

"I don't think she was talking about us."

"You think she was talking about the children," Lloyd said softly.

"Yes, except for the 'return to his earthly form part'. I think Cole is hoping she is speaking of him," Aira said.

"I know he is," Lloyd nodded. "Cole had always been the one that spoke of settling down and having a family. He doesn't feel like he can do that now and us all having families makes him feel worse about it."

"He could still settle down though," Aira said. "He could adopt like Zane."

"He doesn't think anyone would want to be with a ghost or have a ghost as a father," Lloyd said sadly. "He told me so himself. I pointed out that all his 'nieces' and 'nephews' love him."

"I think this is something he will have to figure out on his own," Aira sighed.

"Don't worry about the prophecy," Lloyd said shaking his head. "I personally don't like prophecies. What's going to happen is going to happen. Prophecies just make people try and prevent the future. Usually their tampering with it just seals it."

"Like what you tried to do with the golden power?"

"Yes, like that," Lloyd said. "I always wonder what would have happened it I still had it. Could I have prevented all the bad things that have happened?"

"Don't think about it," Aira said. "It'll just put you straight back into the place you were in when I first met you."

"You're right as always."

"The woman is always right," Aira teased.

She pushed him back against the wall and kissed him firmly. He wrapped his arms around her and pushed his tongue into her mouth. She smiled and pushed it back.

"Eww!" They heard a small voice shout.

"Parents get no privacy," Lloyd sighed and banged the back of his head against the wall several times.

"What were you doing?! That's so gross! Ewwww!" Xavier said gagging.

"What have we said about knocking," Aira asked.

"Don't worry seeing that will make me knock from now on," Xavier said shutting the door.

"At least he didn't catch us having sex," Lloyd mumbled.

Aira smacked him playfully and she tried to pull out of his embrace.

"No," he said in a babyish voice. "You no leave. Me need cuddles."

"You can have cuddles later, sir," she giggled. "When the children are in bed and asleep."

"Can I have more than cuddles since I waited?" He asked suggestively.

"Lloyd," she said in a playful but exasperated voice. "I swear."

"Don't swear," he said pretending to be shocked. "It's a sign of weak verbal skills."

"Oh good heavens," Aira said rolling her eyes and laughing. "Now let go so I can go make coffee."

"Fiiiiinnnneeeee," he said.

"Thank you very much, my dear sir," she said sarcastically. 

"I like it how our room at home has a lock," Lloyd grumbled while she left.

Aira laughed and rolled her eyes at his comment. She walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"I think you scarred your son for life," Cole said.

"Cole, there is no cake so don't be snooping in the kitchen," Aira said. Because there were enough people to take one night a week, Cole had been taken off the cooking schedule.

"I wasn't looking for cake," Cole said pensively.

"What were you looking for?"

"As a ghost I can sometimes feel this after-effect stuff when something magical or supernatural happens," Cole said. "It's like a leftover residue."

"And?"

"I've never felt it so strongly before," he said. "Something big is going to happen."

"I know," Aira said. "I just hope it's nothing we can't handle."

"Me too," Cole said. "Me too."

Garmadon came into the kitchen, "Aira, Emily is awake."

A/n- Okay I'm going to rant about something. I love all my readers don't get me wrong. But some of you have said I shouldn't turn Cole human because it's copying; but I wanted to change Cole long before I read anyone else's story. It's my story and if I want to change Cole I'll change Cole. My story is like no one else's I've read. It's not even close so I don't feel like I shouldn't change Cole. Anyway I'm done ranting. :) hope you all enjoyed. I'm worried people may be starting to loose interest. If your not please comment and tell me so. -LL_17