Chapter 5

Here's the next chapter for you all!

I've skipped over a few parts - I didn't want to bore you to death too much! So I hope you like it. :)

Please vote, comment and fan :) It makes uploads quicker xD

Harley :)

I was beginning to think he wasn't going to answer, when the door swung open to reveal Jay standing there in black boxers and a light Gray under shirt. His dark hair was standing up all over the place and he had dark shadows under his eyes, like he had barely slept. He rubbed the sleep out of them with the back of his hand. As soon as he saw me, his eyes widened in surprise.

“Cass? What are you doing here?”

I didn't answer, I pushed passed him and shut the door behind me quickly. I was hoping no one had followed me here. I had no idea who or what those men were, but I certainly didn't want a repeat performance.

I heard a loud gasp from behind me. “Cass? What happened? You've got cuts all over you!”

He spun me around and gently picked one of my arms up, examining some of the cuts with his other hand. He didn't allow me to answer as he pulled me into his kitchen and grabbed my hips, setting me on the counter like I was a little girl.

“Who did this to you?” His voice had lost it's usual softness, and turned sharp and cutting. I could see the anger flash through his eyes.

“Three men broke in to my house. I tried to escape but they caught me.” I mumbled quickly. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the angry lecture I knew I was going to receive. But I got none. I quickly opened my eyes and he was standing by the back door, shrugging into his jacket.

“What are you doing?”

“What do you think I'm doing? I'm going over there!” he growled.

“What? Are you stupid? They're dead now.”

The anger was then replaced by shock, his mouth opened and closed a few times before he could voice his thoughts. If it was any other situation, then I would have laughed at the expressions flicking across his face.

“You killed them?” he asked me, unsure if he had heard me correctly.

“No. Of course not! I thought they were going to kill me, then they just collapsed to the floor. I didn't do anything! I swear!”

“They just collapsed to the floor?” he asked sceptically.

Okay, maybe that sounded a little far fetched. I bit my lip nervously and lowered my gaze to the tiled floor. I purposely missed out the part with the black smoke, unsure how he would take it. He obviously wouldn't believe it, and I didn't want him to think I was nuts or something.

“Yes.” I tried to keep my voice strong, but my voice shook slightly at the end, and I winced at how weak it sounded.

He put a finger under my chin, and lifted my head up. His green eyes met mine, and it felt like he was trying to read my soul.

“Tell me the truth Cass.” He warned me.

I sighed. “Fine. I hit them with the baseball bat, and they didn't flinch at all. They were about to grab me, but I tripped over the stupid rug and fell into the glass table. When they tried to go for me again, I was cornered. I thought they were going to kill me but then this weird black smoke came out of their mouths, and they collapsed to the floor. And they had these weird eyes. They were all black!” I couldn't believe I'd said all that, it was if he pressed a button on my forehead and everything came tumbling out.