Chapter 8

The silence seemed to stretch on forever, even though I knew it must have only been a minute, if that. My hand still remained tightly gripped in Jays, and that was the only thing keeping me from running away.

Finally, a gruff voice shouted through the door, “What the hell do you want now!”

I squeezed Jay’s hand as my nerves reached impossible heights. He sure didn’t seem friendly, and any hopes of finding the answers we desperately need flew out the window.

Luckily, Jay was able to think up a reply, since I was completely unable.

“Sir, I’m Jay Withers and we’re here to ask about Sam and Dean Winchester.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” his voice shouted back.

I sighed in annoyance. This is just what we needed.

“You do. We found their Chevy and now these demons are after us. Your name was in the journal they kept in the trunk. We thought you might be able to help us.” Jay tried to explain.

We were met by silence again, and I was starting to worry that he thought we were the crazy ones before we heard multiple locks being undone and a muffled voice telling us to come in.

We both looked at each other before Jay reached out his free hand and pushed the door open. As soon as he did, water was thrown at us.  I let out a shriek as it hit my face and chest, both out of shock and at how cold it was.

I quickly wiped my eyes, and as soon as I opened them I noticed the middle aged man in a wheel chair holding a bucket. Most likely empty seeing as the contents is now on us.

“What the hell?” I shouted at him.

“I had to make sure you weren’t one of them.” He shrugged.

“And drowning us was the only way?” No wonder he’s in a mental hospital, does he treat the nurses like this too?

“It’s holy water, and it was either that or stab you both in the chest with this knife.” He held up this wicked looking blade, and a shiver shot down my spine.

“Lock the door behind you,” he spun around in his wheel chair and moved next to the window on the far side of the room, “and sit down.” He gestured to the couch in front of him, “We need to talk.”

Jay quickly locked the door, sliding each bolt into place before we gingerly made our way over to the couch. I didn’t trust him, especially not after the little stunt with the holy water.

Looking around the room, I saw even more of the strange symbols found in his old house. Probably not helping the whole mental thing, but I suppose if it keeps him safe and alive that’s all that matters.

 “Now,” he started, making my eyes snap away from the large pentagram on the ceiling and back to him. “Start from the beginning, like how the hell did you end up with Dean’s Impala?”

I left it to Jay to explain, “Cassidy and I both work at her garage in Virginia. We have a passion for restoring old muscle cars and always visit junk yards for new projects. Cass here has always been looking for a Chevy Impala, the exact same one as Dean’s ever since she was a kid. When we found it she had to buy it, it was in bad nick but we knew we could get it back in shape again. The trunk was dented shut, so it wasn’t until we started working on it that we discovered everything.”

“So you’re telling me that you restored Dean’s impala and found all their weapons. But that doesn’t explain why the demons are after you.”

“We didn’t even know they existed until they broke into my house. They were about to kill me when black smoke left their mouths and they dropped dead, all three of them. When I ran over to Jay’s, he told me what they were, that he’d read about them in the journal. When they attacked me they said someone told them I had the Impala and they wanted it.” I explained, hoping he would believe me.

He sighed. “This is just what we needed. Did they say who they were or who sent them?”

“No, they only asked where the car was. Then black smoke came out of their mouths and went out the window.” Thankfully it looks like he believes us, I don’t know what we’d do if he didn’t. It’s not like we have anyone else to get answers from.

“That means they’re going to possess more people and attack again, most likely with reinforcements. What I don’t get is why they didn’t kill you. Either someone called them back, or they just wanted to scare you.”

“Scare her enough to drive off with the Impala,” Jay concluded. I looked up at him and he held my gaze. If that was the reason for their attack then I’ve done exactly what they wanted.

I cursed and looked back at Bobby. “If that’s the case, then why haven’t they attacked us already?”

“Probably to see where you’d go. They’ll wait until you think you got away and your defenses are down before striking again. Or until you’re easy to make a deal with.”

“What kind of deal?” Jay asked him.

“The kind where you’ll give up your soul.”

Oh crap, this kept getting better and better. I know I wanted a bit more fun and excitement in my life, but this definitely wasn’t what I thought of, or wanted.

“What would they do if we said no to the deal?” Giving my soul over to hell definitely wasn’t high up on my bucket list.

“What do you think? Once they’ve got the Impala you’re as good as dead.”

“So we just make sure they can’t find us, or the Impala.” Jay sighed.

“It’s not as easy as that. No matter where you go, once you’re on their radar or have what they want you don’t stand a chance.”

“Is there anything we can do?” I asked him.

“The safest place is a metal room covered in symbols like these. But you’ll to have to leave it at some point for food, and they’ll be there waiting for you. You’d be sitting ducks, so your best bet is to prepare yourselves and go down with a fight.”

Jay sighed again and leaned back into the back of the couch, running a hand down his face. “Okay, so what are you saying we do?”

“Get me the hell out of here, that’s what.”

                         ************************************************

I'm sorry it's taken so long, I'm hoping to update more regularly now I have more time to write. 

I hope you enjoy it, please vote and comment, let me know what you think!