chapter 2

Hey Y'all! So here's the 2nd chapter, I hope it's long enough, but it's hard to tell on here! I've edited part of it, but not the end, so please let me know if there's any errors or any improvements to be made.

PLEASE VOTE &&&& COMMENT!!!!!!!

Harley :) x

P.S ---- took me a while to figure it out - since link didn't work with flckr, but I've uploaded a photo which I originally made for the cover photo, but cropping it took away the best bits! but I might change it as a cover later on, let me know if you prefer it to the current cover photo! :)

***************************************************************************************************************

I didn't get much sleep Wednesday night. I couldn't stop the excitement that bubbled inside me at the thought of finally getting my dream car tomorrow. I'd never thought this day would come. I'd always hoped for it, but after years and years of searching every scrap yard in West Virginia, and even those in the next states, and finding nothing, I refused to get my hopes up.

Of course I've come across a number of Chevy Impala's, but never a '67. And you have no idea how frustrating that is. To finally find the car, but it's a couple of years early or late. But i'm so glad I waited and didn't go for the others. Nothing could compare to her - not even close.

So here I am, laying wide awake staring at the ceiling, feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve, Every minute feeling like hours, and after 10 minutes I'd finally given up and tossed back the covers to get out of bed. If there was one thing I hated, it was waiting around. 

I grabbed my black silk robe I left on the back of the door, and slipped it on. I was only wearing a Cami top and shorts, and f*ck it gets cold at night, even in the summer.

As I walked into the lounge, I flicked the lights on and walked over to the pine cabinet at the far side of the room. I grabbed the bottle of brandy and the glass tumbler I left on the side. Nothing knocks me out better than a glass of Brandy, not even the strongest sleeping pills. I've always been one to over think things far more than I should, so sipping on the brandy is a common occurrence. 

After I've finished, I leave the glass on the side to clean tomorrow, as drowsiness washes over me and I make my way to my bed. This time, as soon as my head hits the pillow I fall into a deep sleep. 

**************************************************************************************************************

I wake that morning, feeling refreshed and unbelieving even more excited than last night. Today was the day, and I seriously could wait. I was practically skipping when I walked into the kitchen to get my morning fix of coffee.

And by the time I entered the garage I was bouncing with each step I took. No one else was here yet, so I walked straight to the offices at the back of the garage and sat down at my father's desk, starting the computer up. I don't know why I even bothered coming in here,  since I knew I wouldn't be able to sit still, let alone get any work done. Not five minutes had past before I was tapping my pen against the appointment book, flicking my gaze from the computer screen to the clock on the opposite wall every few seconds.

That was how Jay found me when he walked in not ten minutes later.

"So today's the day, huh?" he asked, even though he clearly knew the answer.

"3 hours, and 45 minutes to go." I grinned at him.

He rolled my eyes and me, but his lips betrayed him and turned up into a small smile.