Chapter 3

So here it is, the 3rd chapter, I hope you all like it. I'm so happy with the support I'm getting for this story - 7 fans, WOO!!! might not seem like much compared to the other more popular writers, but it means the world to me!!!

I've skipped some of the mechanical parts - I'm really sorry! When I thought up the story, I did plan on writing it all, but it would take far too long for a novice like myself to research into mechanics, AND not all of you would understand, and for those who do, I'd hate to get bits wrong. So I've taken the safe approach and left those out - I hope you don't mind!

I've found an amazing site, where it has all the information for supernatural, all the weapons, episodes, characters etc, so I'll be putting that up in the external link, for those of you who are supernatural crazy like myself. Or just want to know more about the colt and other weapons they use on the show!

Hope you enjoy, and please please please vote and comment. You have no idea how much it means to me =D - and it inspires my to write the next chapter, so = quicker updates!!! ;)

Much love,

Harley :)

P.S i'll be uploading the picture of the trunk, I've tried to keep this as accurate as possible!

*****I'll shut up now xD *****

***************************************************************************************************************

It's been a month since she arrived at the garage, and I've been working on her ever since. There were nights when I couldn't sleep as I couldn't stop thinking of the work I needed to do to her. Those were the nights I'd drive down to the garage and stay up all night working on her.

Of course when Jay arrived in the morning he would go crazy on me for lack of sleep, and 'not taking care of myself'. He'd even gone as far as dragging me to the couch in the office and telling me to sleep for a few hours. It was times like this, when I wished Jay wasn't so overprotective, it's a running joke now, that he's mothering me more than my own mother does. I'd always laugh when the boys would call him “Mom,” just to wind him up.

The man at the junk yard was right, I did have to rebuild the engine. But I tried to salvage what I could, rather than buying new parts. When restoring old cars, I always liked to keep as many original parts as possible. Not only does it save money, it also makes it more authentic. Which is exactly what I want with her. Why would I want to fill her with new parts when the old ones are so much better? It defies the point of 'restoring' completely.

I've tried to 'pop' out as much of the denting as I could, and asked Jay to help with the rest. It left a lot of scratches and I knew I'd have to buff them out and repaint the whole car later. Something I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but Tom is the master of painting cars, and there's no one else I would trust to do it more.

The trunk however, is going to be harder than the rest. It needed to be opened before any denting could be removed, and I watched in agony as Jay tried to wrench it open with a crow bar. I blinked back the tears as he added more force, and she made a horrible straining noise, before finally popping open.

What I saw inside, I certainly didn't expect. Attached to the top of the trunk were an array of weapons and guns. The bottom of the trunk was separated into several compartments, all completely filled with even more weapons, a few bags, and is that salt?

Who ever owned her before certainly didn't look like those I hoped to meet any time soon. Or any time ever. From what they kept in their trunks, they appeared to be serial killers. Or maybe even cannibals, judging by the amount of salt they had.