Men Love Mystery

Emily's POV

I'm so glad I have Jynx as a friend. She's so cool, and she always has my back. Not only is she helping me out with kissing, but she told Hunter that our first kiss was awesome! Only true friends do that!

I was really glad I got to hang out with her at Starbucks yesterday. I needed to thank her and invite to her to the party. I was going to need her advice on how to talk to my crush, and she could supply me with good quality ideas. She was smart, contrary to popular belief. Maybe not school smart, but she was definitely smart.

I put on a knitted, white infinity scarf to complete my look. I was wearing a beige sweater, which matched the color of my uggs, and black leggings. I looked pretty basic and probably pretty nerdy. I tried braiding my hair into a French braid, but it was a bit sloppy near the end. Eh, that's fine!

I usually wear contacts, but I did have glasses. They were black and had the 'popular look', but they were a bit too big on me, honestly. I usually only wore them around the house. I sighed and put my glasses away. They would complete the outfit if they looked better on me!

I touched up my makeup and applied a light lip gloss onto my lips. I wasn't a huge makeup fanatic, but I doubt Jynx is either.

Then, I heard the doorbell ring. That must've been Jynx! I grabbed my phone and scrambled downstairs, beyond excited for what was to come.

The party made me giddy. I was bouncing off the walls! Still, I also felt so anxious, but it was probably nothing.

Besides, my new best friend would be there with me. She'll protect me. She'll keep me safe and away from any harm. I trust her.

I answered the door and smiled widely when I saw her, but then I started to blush.

She wore a black crop top with a pocket over her left boob. The pocket had a picture of a kitten on it. She wore her black skinny jeans that were ripped all over the front, but she was also wearing black heels. Not a weird style of heel, but platforms. They were so gorgeous, and I was definitely jealous.

Her outfit still looked casual, which is good. I didn't want her to outperform me, even though it wasn't a competition.

"Hey! I'm almost as tall as you, now!" She smirked and stepped inside, standing very close to me as she compared our heights using her right hand.

Her numerous rings were on one hand and her abundance of bracelets were on the other. Her lips were cherry red, which made her lip ring stick out even more. Her stomach was showing as well, and she was pretty thin. Not the thinnest, but thin.

"You look really good for some reason..." I mumble in confusion when she stopped measuring our height difference.

She raised an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips, giving a sassy look. "Good or sexy?"

I blushed even more and sighed, running my fingers through my thick hair. I couldn't believe I actually had to think before I responded.

"You look good, okay? Geez!" I chuckled and gently pushed her shoulder back a bit.

She laughed, satisfied that I took so long to answer.

It's weird. Like, she's an attractive girl, but not just that. She's not just good looking. She's good looking to me.

I swallowed the thought and smiled, ready to go. She moved out of the way, allowing me to go outside. I stepped outside and waited for her. She closed the door behind us and then stood in front of me, a confused look on her face.

I stared at her eyes. She looked so great right now, but I focused on her eyes.

I gently placed a hand on her cheek and pulled her face closer to mine. Our lips joined, pressing together. My heart raced, and my skin crawled. This was great. Really, this was all I've wanted for a while. I've wanted to kiss someone and feel it.