I'm not crazy Part 12

Dante's POV

I hid in the shadows of the dark alley while keeping my eyes on my target. He was sitting on a park bench and I quickly scanned the surroundings to see how I was going to go about doing this. As my eyes took in the park in front of me, they stopped at the sight of a figure creeping from tree to tree.

What the hell is she doing here? I thought when the sunlight hit the person's face, alighting her features. Sofie looked around suspiciously and moved on to the next tree. I looked back to the park bench to find it empty. I frantically searched with my eyes trying to find my target, but to no avail. I looked back to the girl to find her hiding behind a lamp post. Trying to hide, that is. The lamp post didn't exactly hide her.

I sighed and walked over to her, leaving my hiding spot. She saw me coming and her eyes widened with panic and surprise.

"Sofie, what are you doing?" I asked wearily.

"How can you see me? That's not possible!" She shouted in disbelief.

"Is there a specific reason as to why you expect me not to be able to see you?"

"I'm a ninja and I just channeled my inner ninja, so people shouldn't be able to see me! I'm just too sneaky! You're my best friend, that's probably why you can see me. BFF Telekinesis or something."

"You mean telepathy?"

She gave me a confused look and I shook my head and said, "Never mind."

Sofie's POV

Look! Over there!

-Where?

Yonder!

-Who says yonder anymore?

I just did...

-That's lame.

You know what? You're a... a... A mean person!

-Wow, that is one harsh comeback.

Ugh! Who are you anyways?

-I'm your conscience.

Shouldn't my conscience be nice to me?

-No.

Oh. Okay then.

Anyways, I looked over to the other side of the park and saw a man on a park bench throw some trash onto the ground. A litterbug! I slipped from tree to tree until I got a little closer a saw his face. Ahah! It's him again! It's the same guy that's always coming here and littering! You see, this is my park, and it is my duty to protect it, so people like him just make my job harder. Well, it's not exactly my park, but since I protect it, I think I have the right to call it mine. I am the Protector Ninja!

 The dude turned toward my direction so I quickly ran to hide behind a lamp post. Oh no, people are staring! There's too much attention turned to me! I closed my eyes and summoned my inner ninja, I could feel myself starting to become one with the lamp post.

Wait, someone's coming!

-I can see that.

Go away! Don't you have some consciencing to do or something?

-That's not a word.

What are you, my mother?

-I sure hope not.

Do you have a name?

-It's Sofie.

No! That's my name! You... You... Name stealer!