Chapter 19

A few weeks later, I'm going back to school as it's the end of the holidays. My Mum knocks on my door at 7:00am. I grumble and sit up.

"Come on Kayls, time for school" My Mum announced.

"Hmm" I grumbled.

"I'll let you go and wake up yeah?" My Mum told me.

"OK" I mumbled.

She left the room and I pulled the duvet back over my head. At first, I was really excited about starting secondary school but now I'm not so sure. What if I get bullied for just being Tulisa's daughter? What if I don't make any friends? What if no one likes me? Now, I'm scared of starting school but am I getting myself worked up over nothing? We'll soon find out I guess.

I stumbled out of bed and wandered over to the wardrobe. I pulled out a pair of jeans, a tshirt and a jumper from my Mum's clothing range. Then, I went to get a shower and brush my teeth, before getting dressed and going back in my bedroom to do my hair and my makeup. After that, I went downstairs and got some breakfast and my my Mum took me to school just for the first day.

A few kids asked if I was Tulisa's daughter as they said I looked like her so I just told them, that yes I am Tulisa's daughter and I said no more on the subject. If people want to know, they can ask.

"What's it like being Tulisa's daughter?" One student, Carly asked me.

"When she used to work, I hated it as she was always away all the time but now she doesn't work, it's fun" I smiled.

"I bet you love it though, all that money" Carly spoke to me.

"Yeah I do" I grinned.

One student wasn't quite so nice to me though.

"Are you a slag then cause your Mum is?" He sneered at me.

"She isn't a slag, whatever one of them is" I replied.

"Ignore him, is it Kayleigh?" Carly smiled politely at me.

"Yeah it's Kayleigh and I will do" I answered.

"Alright guys, that's enough with the questions now" The teacher announced.

We settled down to do our work and I know one thing for sure; secondary school is certainly going to be a challenge and a half. I'm confident I can cope with it though. I managed with primary school so this should be fairly easy. Saying that though, this is only the first day.

I spent the rest of the day with Carly as it turns out, she was in all my lessons for today, which helps me as it's someone I'm used to. She explained to me that the lad from this morning, Cameron, will start on anyone who's new. She taught me how to defend myself if he starts on me again. I've got a feeling she's going to be a good mate of mine.

A few hours later, it was home time. My Mum came to pick me up from school and Cameron glared at me.

"Who's that kid?" My Mum asked me.

"Oh he's Cameron "ate all the pies" Smith" I laughed.

"He's a right porker aint he?" My Mum giggled.

"Tell me about it, can we go now?" I groaned.

"She's never your Mum? I thought you were joking?" Carly asked, as she spotted us.

"Why would I joke about it?" I questioned.

"Someone lied about someone famous being their parent at my old school just to get people to like them" Carly explained.

"Well, I'm not lying" I answered.

"I can tell" Carly laughed.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I called over to her.

"You'll do that" She smiled.

"Bye Carly" I grinned.

"See you Kayleigh" She responded.

We went home and then I did my homework (which I had loads of!) then I had my tea, had a bath and relaxed for the evening, before going up to bed later on. I've got a feeling I'm going to like my new school.