Chapter 17

A/N: This is a filler chapter

A week or so later, we're now back at home. We had the most amazing holiday. We had so much fun just relaxing. I'm really glad my Mum has packed in all her fame so she doesn't have to rush off anywhere for work. We're sat watching movies and stuffing ourselves with popcorn. I stood up to get a drink.

"Mum, where's my capri sun from the fridge? Have you drank it?" I called over to her.

"No" She laughed.

"Don't lie" I smirked.

"Alright, I might have done" She admitted.

"I'll take two from your box now" I grinned.

"You will not, I only had one of yours" She insisted.

"You take one of mine, I take two of yours, it's only fair" I giggled.

"How is that fair?" She questioned me.

"I don't know, just is" I laughed.

"I can see where you get your sense of humour from" My Mum added.

"Yeah you" I spoke to her.

"You can have two if you want then, it's only fair" She agreed.

"Thanks Mum!" She replied.

I grabbed two capri suns from my Mum's box and we settled down to watch the film. I'm so glad my Mum isn't working and we can enjoy the times like this. Of course life isn't perfect and there will be obstacles along the way but as long as I have my Mum, I don't care. 

My Mum's phone beeped during our film. She picked it up to see who it was before putting it back down again.

"Who was it?" I asked her.

"Oh just Gareth. I'll text him back after" She smiled.

"Oh OK" I replied.

My Mum text Gareth back to see what he wanted earlier.

To G:

What did you want earlier?

From G:

I wondered if you and Kayleigh wanted to come for lunch but it doesn't matter now

To G:

Aw sorry, next time, yeah?

From G:

Defo! What you's been upto?

To G:

Watching films and eating loads of food :)

From G:

Sounds just like you two haha!

She carried on texting him for the next hour or so until she put her phone down again and we spent the rest of the afternoon watching films, eating and drinking loads of capri suns. This is the Mum I want, not one who gets up at stupid oclock in the morning to go to work. Things are finally starting to look up but will it always remain that way?