Chapter Thirteen

"Ali, get your ass up! It's the first day of school!" Chloe burst into my room like a dog breaking into a box of treats.

"Ehhhh," I groaned, rolling onto my back to glare up at her. "Do I have to?"

"Do you have to? Where did the nerd go? Oh god, you're corrupted. Come on, corrupted, get that ass up and outta bed. Senior year begins in two hours!" Chloe opened up my closet and began ruffling through my clothes, throwing a pair of cute jeans and an adorable white sweater at me. "Come on, get that lazy ass up."

I let out another reluctant groan and rolled out of bed, slipping into the clothes. Chloe then came over and applied makeup to my tired face and put my hair into a fashionable bun.

"Ali, get your ass in gear, breakfast is going to be bagged if you don't start cooperating."

I laughed at this, finally relenting and getting completely up to go and brush my teeth.

"There, so beautiful," Chloe batted her eyelashes at me, "Now eat quickly, Graham's waiting outside with Gerald."

We rushed down the stairs and grabbed the cereal box, rushing through the morning routine that we'd perfected so many years ago.

"Morning, girls," Mum meandered into the chaos of the kitchen, seeming unaware. "Happy first day of senior year!"

"Morning," we said in unison, shovelling in the cereal like we hadn't eaten in days instead of hours.

"Well, have a good day," she laughed, grabbing her coffee and going into the living room.

When we'd finished off our cereal, Chloe rushed us out the door, nearly making me forget to grab my backpack.

"Well, ladies, senior year has arrived. Who's willing to accept the world of growing up?" Graham teased as we climbed into his car.

"Not me," I chirped, "Adulthood be denied."

"Damned. Adulthood be damned, Ali." Chloe corrected.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

"Wow, someone's sassy today," Graham commented.

"She's feeling rebellious," Chloe giggled, "Her and Colten have been talking more and hanging out. I think they stayed up late last night."

"Shut up, we were texting last night," I groaned. "Not to mention, it's not going to affect my mood."

"Oh it already has, sweets." Chloe laughed, Graham joined her.

When we arrived at the school, Chloe, Graham, and I all hopped out of the car. My immediate reaction was to search the parking lot for Colten, but then Chloe caught on to what I was doing and pulled me into the much dreaded school.

"If you have to wait for him, then its not worth seeing him in the morning," she pointed out, "Plus, I don't even see his car."

I shrugged, which caused her to narrow her eyes.

"I will not have my best friend relying that much on a guy again. Its bad for you, Ali, if he leaves again--"

I cut her off, "He's not going to leave again." 

"History tends to repeat itself, I'm just warning you to and try and keep some distance."

"Well, don't," I snapped, "I don't need you to, okay? I'm a big girl now, I can handle this."

Chloe just rolled her eyes, but thankfully stopped pushing it. She grabbed my schedule, which I'd gotten in the mail a couple days ago, and eyed it up. "We have four classes together. First hour, third hour, fourth, and sixth."