TDSOM - Chapter 4 Part I

© 2013 Jerace2

Previously on Chapter 3…

Hearing him say that he loves me made my heart flutter and heat rose to my cheeks. Dmitri just chuckled and held me close. We then lapsed into comfortable silence.

Suddenly, the door to my room was slammed open. My mouth agape and I was unable to say anything. My throat felt dry and hoarse. The worse part? I wasn’t apologetic at all. I didn’t need to hear what he’d have to say because the expression on his face told it all.

“Myra, how can you do this to me?!”

***

Chapter 4 Part I

 [Myra’s POV]

“Myra, how can you do this to me?!” Disgust and hurt laced in his voice.

I stepped towards Garrett to explain but Dmitri growled lowly and pulled me back to him. Realizing we’re having skin-to-skin contact, I felt so naked and vulnerable suddenly under Garrett’s glare. But now wasn’t the time to care about that. I’d have to settle this first!

“Garrett, listen please?” I pleaded with him, hoping he’ll stay and let me explain.

“How could you? You told me you love me remember? What happened to those two years of us, Myra?” Shaking his head, he continued. “I didn’t think you’re capable of doing this. I know that it’s him. He forced you into this. Just tell me, baby. Don’t be scared of him. I can take care of this.” He said, pointing to Dmitri with determination in his eyes.

“No, Garrett. I’m sorry—“

“Don’t you dare tell me sorry, you cheating bitch? I should have known you were just putting on a good girl façade in front of everyone else. In actual fact, you’re just a whore like the others. You were just using me, aren’t you? You’re such a fucking lying bitch!” With that, he took a step towards me and swung his hand towards my face.

I quickly braced myself for the slap but it didn’t come.

Utter rage and fury spread throughout my body like forest fire. I knew it wasn’t me who’s feeling this way because after all, I was the one in wrong here. I deserved what’s coming to me. So, the only reason left was Dmitri. I opened my eyes and saw Dmitri’s hands clamping on Garrett’s wrist.

“Who are you calling a bitch? I think the only bitch around here is you. If you ever dare lay a finger on Myra, you better watch out. Do you understand?” Dmitri growled out, tightening his hold on Garrett’s wrist. I could see it turning blue now.

“Oh yeah? We’ll see about that.” Garrett sneered and yanked his hand away from Dmitri. With a swift move, his hands were on my neck with his claws elongated, the sharpness of the claw grazing at my skin. I struggled but he held both my hands behind me, restricting my actions.

“Let. Go. Of. Her” Dmitri growled dangerously low. He was losing control and the Alpha wolf within him saw red, seeing me in threat.

“Nope.” Garrett snickered.

Dmitri shifted into his wolf form and pounced on us, causing Garrett to lose his hold on me. I banged into the wall and winced as pain shot up my arm. Scrambling up, I stumbled and watched as the two wolves fought.