TDSOM - Chapter 2

© 2013 Jerace2

Previously on chapter 1…

So, everything is going back to normal and as planned. Dmitri has finally let me go. I'm going to be so happy with my life again.

But... why am I not happy?

Why did I feel like someone just tore a chunk of my heart away and fed it to the lions? Why?!

Because, this is what it feels like to be rejected. I didn't want to believe it but the pain erupted my chest said it all as I sniffled. My wolf howled in pain and agony as our mate went further away from us. My heart was breaking and everything inside me was breaking apart.

What am I going to do without him?

_________________

Chapter 2

[Dmitri’s POV]

 The sound of my feet thudding against the forested area was the only thing that’s ringing in my ears. My wolf was howling and crying for the loss of our mate. He was hurt as hell by what Myra had said and the pain in our heart was unbearable. The further we were away from our mate, the more intense the pain became. But, we didn’t care. I let my wolf take over and lead us back to the Pack house.

My pack was always prepared for everything- war, fights, confrontation, etc. But in this case, we’ve prepared spare clothes for those who’d shifted without taking off their clothes. Reaching up towards the tree branch, I clamped down on a shirt and jeans with my teeth and walked to the back of the tree. Shifting back to my human form, I quickly put on the clothes.

“Dude, where were you? I’ve been trying to contact you for hours! What have you been doing, man?” Was the first thing that I heard when I step into the house.

I glared at him, “Leave me alone, Jeremy. Now isn’t the time to annoy the hell out of me.”

He shot me a look. “Why? It’s about her, huh?”

The mentioning of our mate brought pain to us again. Tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them back. I didn’t need my pack members to see my weakness. I hated crying and feeling vulnerable. I’m the Alpha of Blood Moon Pack for Haven’s sake! I didn’t need pity votes from my people. I needed their respect.

“Shut up. Just don’t mention any of this in front of me. We’re through.”

“Through? What do you mean by you’re through?! You marked her, Dmitri! You can’t just mark her and then walk away! Can you imagine how she feels or how much pain you both have to go through?”

I just grunted and continued walking into my office.

“D, tell me the truth. It isn’t like you to leave someone just like that so what the hell has happened?” He’s so stubborn I swear sometimes I felt like bringing my knee up to his face. I ignored him and continued to go through the files on the shelf.

“Dude, you can’t run away from this forever. You know the process and the effects to the marking. If you don’t settle this quickly, you guys are going to suffer.” With that, he left leaving me alone in my own thoughts.

Werewolves have to complete their mating processes within a week of their marking, otherwise intense pain will corrupt our whole being and our power will gradually weaken. The most fatal one would be our wolves will die and we weren’t be able never shift ever again.

**

Four days later 

[Myra’s POV]