Chapter 10: Escaped in the past

...2369...

...July 3rd...

"Do you feel pain, Q?" C'zeek asked.

Sweat dripped down my skin.

I am on a metal bed rather than the chair.

"N...Not....Not anymore," I lied.

C'zeek frowned.

"That is...Not acceptable," C'zeek said, taking out a long blade. "Your death will fulfill my long mission."

I can feel my essence wanting to depart this body.

No, I thought, I must stay for Jean Luc.

"You are proving to be difficult to die," C'zeek said, as the ship trembles. "C'zeek to Bridge! What is happening?"

"The USS Twister is after us in Warp mode!" Came the reply.

C'zeek stabs the blade into my right arm.

This time I wasn't bothered by the pain.

In fact I just stared at the blade.

"How lame," I said.

C'zeek frowned.

"I'll be right back," C'zeek said. "I am not done with you."

C'zeek departed the room.

I used my free left hand to remove the dagger with a shriek. I let out a gasp dropping the dagger to the floor. Fresh new tears flowed down over my cheeks. That is the price I pay for meddling with other species. The Calamarains were at least better than the crooked gang to the Romulus 5 because they didn't torment me so cruelly with weapons. I still cannot get used to sleeping.

Some days I have nightmares.

Nightmares that I will fail.

Sometimes I dream of Abbigal and her sons dying because of me. Some of my dreams start out on the bridge on a usual day then M appears and killS Captain Tonya before my eyes. So I don't have the best nights. Karzine once told me that I am restless and there are bags under my eyes from not sleeping. Karzine strongly insisted I go to sleep after a week of trying not to; well, that's part of another adventure that involved a entity that prevented us from sleeping.

I quite enjoyed that until I began going insane.

"Come on," I tell myself. I look over the edge of the daunting table. "When did you ever get scared of feeling pain?" I paused. "Right..." I rolled an eye. "Quite arguably the worst question ever."

Being tortured by Romulan devices is no joke. The pain that I underwent is horrible, crude, and strictly pain inflicting. I fell off the table after much work. Once landing on the floor my eyes widened hearing a crack from my leg. Please don't tell me I just had a hair line fracture in my leg.

"My leg," I squeak, touching the injury.

A sharp pain made a echo through my mind. The kind that makes itself obvious not to be touched. Great, Q, I thought. I forced myself to crawl like a infant in the topys turvy room. I came over to the table then use my free left hand out a disruptor disguised as an alien device (that I came to realizing after taking off the bulk) which had surely fooled me and the crew.

Sparks flew out of the machinery.

Red alert, red alert, red alert.

The doors opened to reveal Delly.

"Trying to escape, eh?" Delly said. "Well our force fields are not going out so easily." He had a cocky kind of grin. "I have something that my mercyful friend didn't have...." He takes out a device from his pocket. "One that actually conducts assimilation."