Chapter 8: Captured in the past

..2369...

..July 2nd..

I had my back leaned against the rocky wall.

"I have a suggestion," I said. "How about I offer myself?"

"No way!" Karzine said. "We cannot afford to lose you."

"They know my rank and position," I said. "First officer. You can become first officer to Audri if I die today."

"What if you die without reason?" De'Car asked.

Dying without a reason, I thought at the time, how sad.

"I would die starting a war," I said.

"I don't want that," Coren said. "That will make countless generations to die."

"Agreed," Karzine said.

"Then you go,Karzine," I said. "You are more worth to the Federation because you are a Klingon to be aboard a star ship. The second Klingon asides to Worf."

"So killing a klingon starts a war with the Karjizans, anyway," Coren grumbled. "We send out anyone; dead!"

I get up.

"Okay," I said. "How about I go out and die starting a endless war. You can wait a couple days for the Karjizans to leave this area."

"But then they'll--" Karzine started but I interrupted her.

"Trust me, after what I will do to them; they will leave," I said.

I went out of the cave.

Then I am aboard a ship. A very vastly different ship that isn't like any Romulan/Ferengi or Klingon or Vulcan ship I ever been on. It is dark. I wish I can create a floating ball to guide myself down this way. I look down to see a blue glow from under my feet, around my feet, and a gas emitting from it. I straighten my head then take a step off. Don't use your right hand, Q, I thought. My eyes adjusted to the dark enough that everything across from me is visible to see.

I walk in the dark searching for life.

"Red alert," The voice in the dark room goes. "Red alert. Intruder on Abrams-2009 star ship."

A thundering of bootsteps were headed my way.

I held up my left hand in the hair along with my right ever so painfully.

"Freeze," Came a coarse voice.

I tilt my head.

"You must have the worst eye sight since the beginnings of DareDevil," I said. I straighten my head forward. "My hands are up, Karjizan!"

"Who are you?" The first Karjizan asked.

"Commander Quarty," I said.

The second Karjizan frowned.

"Q," The second Karjizan said.

The third Karjizan came over then delivered a punch into my chest. The next I knew that I was being dragged down the path.

"Beam their captain back," Came the second Karjizan. "We got the target."

Since when did I bother the Karjizan's? I just recently discovered their species aboard the USS Twister. I lost consciousness. My consciousness returned eventually to where I find myself in a bright red room with a really bright light aimed at my face. I had to squint my eyes at the such brightness to a rounded item hooked into a metal platform.

"What did I do to you?" I ask.

"You brought the Borg," Came a all too familiar voice.

"Come out," I said. "And do not be a coward."

Out of the shadows came a Romulan.

C'zeek.

"C'zeek?" I said. "But ...You are not a Karjizan."

"We have genetically engineered ourselves to be different," C'zeek said. "Ever since we heard the great and powerful Q had turned himself into a human. I had to be sure they were talking about the right Q," Delly steps out of the darkness with a well placed smirk. "Your ship was our target all long. You knew Romulan tech too well."

"That was my idea," Delly said, proudly.

"Is your name really Delly?" I asked.

"Yes," Delly said.

"And I am the Captain of this ship," C'zeek said.

"You made up a species just to get me," I said. "You...You...You knew I would risk myself to protect..."

"The ones you care most dear," C'zeek said. "Correct..." I look over to see something wrapped around my hands glowing red. "We had to make our own form of torture just to make you feel how the people of Romulus 5 felt when they were being assimilated."

Hot rough pain struck in my hands.

I screamed.

Dear Q continuum, it was worse!

"This is the one that affects human nerves, their inner tissue, and worst of all..." C'zeek said, with such threat in her voice. "The bone."

"Stop this!" I demand. "Please!"

"That's what my crew said right before they were assimilated into the hive very painfully may I note," C'zeek said.

"Giving me pain is not going to bring them back!" I said.

C'zeek leaned in, her eyes glowing a bright blue.

"I made a promise to my captain," C'zeek said. "I want you to feel every single wreth of pain they felt."

"You know..." My eyes winced. "That is not a word. If you meant 'wealth' then you have made up a word for no good reason." I glare at C'zeek. C'zeek backs off giving me some breathing room. "No doubt they will be attacking you anytime soon," I can feel tears coming out my eyes. Oh my Q. "And torturing me shows you're a coward."

"This is only the beginning of what we will do," C'zeek said. "And death is the last on the list."

C'zeek takes off my communicator.

"Tonya to Commander Quarty," Tonya said. "Come in!"

"Commander Q is currently in our hands," C'zeek said. "Rest assured...he will die painfully. Sincerely, the Romulans."

C'zeek crushes the communication chip before Tonya could say another word.

"Cloak shield, up!" C'zeek orders. "Warp speed; five!"