Chapter 2: Dreams,dreams,dreams

...2374..

...April 4th...

Jean Luc, as it turned out, is not the kind who forgets easily. I should have known that before setting up the entire lifetimes worth of experience for myself then I would have known trying to save Jean Luc that way was a useless idea. If I had some how warned myself earlier. Oh well, I am dead.

I am not here, physically, I am still here spiritually.

Jean Luc is at the Captain's desk reading a book.

I get up, feeling at the time it was the moment to make a point.

"Jean Luc," I said, approaching the desk.

Jean Luc looked up, then his face turns pale.

"Q?" Jean Luc asked, in shock.

I put my hands on his desk then leaned myself forward.

"Forget about me," I said.

His eyebrows hunched forward.

"What?" Jean Luc asked.

I sighed.

"You heard me right," I said, straightening up taking my hands off the table. "Forget about me!"

"Why?" Jean Luc asked, surprised.

"The only reason why I am still here is because you are refusing to let me go," I said. "My entire existence hinges on you right now!"

"I am confused," Jean Luc said. "You are supposed to be dead."

I grew grim.

"I am dead," I said, in a low voice turning away from Jean Luc. "My existence is rather complex," I turn towards Jean Luc standing by the couch. "Some timelines are iffy," I rubbed my two fingers together. "And there is one thing I know happens in this timeline."

I glared at Jean Luc rather sharply.

"What happens?" Jean Luc asked.

"I cease to exist," I said, well more like whispered it.

"You die," Jean Luc said.

"No," I said,with a sigh. "I cease to exist. You won't remember me. It will be as though I never came aboard your bridge in the first place." I approach Jean Luc's desk. Jean Luc lowered his book with a frown. "Remembering my existence is eating you up!"

I closed my eyes reading his mind.

Jean Luc is smelling smoke but there is not a fire.

I sighed, opening my eyes.

"Jean Luc," I said. "Do me a favor and look down at your book."

Jean Luc looked down then he dropped the book to the floor.

"How come I didn't notice that?" Jean Luc asked. "Q!"

"You are losing your mind, Jean Luc," I said. "If you want help; you must forget me."

There are beeps from the door.

"And what if I don't want to forget?" Jean Luc asked, standing up.

The door beeps, again.

"Jean Luc, you will be doing yourself a favor," I said. "This is your life you are talking about!" I backed off from the desk. "If you want to remember something from....or...about me; let it be a phrase or a paragraph."

"Paragraph," Jean Luc said.

The door beeps, again.

"I should have expected that," I said,folding my arms. "You are very stubborn, mon capitaine."

Jean Luc had his dead set serious face.

"What will it be?" Jean Luc asked. "Where are you?"

I grew alarmed.

The door beeps, again.

"I can't tell you that!" I said. "Former Q's never tell where they go."

"You were a human," Jean Luc said. "You were not a Q then."

The door beeps, again.

"Jean Luc," I said. "This is not a game...I can't come back." The door is beeping like mad. "The only reason I am here is because you remember the entity Q as this..." I point to myself. "Person." I lowered my hand. "If you forget, just as how your crew did, the person Quarty Riker Dodgers will be remembered as missing in action or dead from the attack launched by the Romulans."

"I know this is not a game," Jean Luc said. "I just want to see how you react to me pulling your leg as you've done to me."

I smiled, feeling amused by his reply.

"You have surprised me, mon captaine," I said. "I suppose the Q plane of souls has made me be surprised by anything." I paused, realizing what just slipped out. I felt furious. "Jean Luc, how dare you do that to me!" I frown at Jean Luc. "You tricked me!"

"I will take that paragraph," Jean Luc said, leaning back in his chair with a smirk on his face.

The door behind me beeps, again.

"No," I said, holding my hand up preparing to snap my fingers. "You will take a vague memory."

Never had I felt so angry at Jean Luc.

I snapped my fingers, and I vanished.

The door rings.

"Come in," Jean Luc said.

Data came into the ready room.

"You called for me, Captain?" Data asked.

"Quarty Riker Dodgers," Jean Luc said.

Data raised a brow.

"I know him," Data said. "He is missing."

Jean Luc picked up the book then sat back down.

"Data," Jean Luc said. "I remember something...that I was going to tell you...but its very vague."

Puzzling, Data thought, Usually the captain knows why he called.

"Anything vague can be cleared upon," Data said.

"A plane of souls," Jean Luc said. "Q. I think I got a message from Commander Quarty and I can't seem to remember it....I just remember that phrase."

"I will research this plane of realms, and the letter Q associated to that," Data said.

Jean Luc nodded.

"I think that is what I wanted," Jean Luc said. "You are dismissed."