I

Heather's POV

It was pitch black and cold, freezing actually. I wrapped my arms around myself.

I walked and walked. I didn't know where I was headed or where I even was. I wasn't scared though, because I figured it was just a dream.

"Heather" a familiar voice called out. "Keep walking towards me. Follow my voice." I stopped in my tracks, startled by the voice. "Who's there?" I asked, my voice stern. I tried to appear unafraid, but I was exactly the opposite. I couldn't see a thing, and it made feel so uneasy.

"It's me, Jay. Just keep walking forward. You'll see me then" he replied. Jay? I placed my hand on to my mouth in shock. His voice didn't sound distant enough for this to be a dream. "You thought this was some type of dream. Am I right?" I didn't respond.

"Well, it's real. Do you know how you ended up here?"

I slowly removed my hand from my mouth. "Here... Where is here?"

"The fourth dimension."

"What do you mean the fourth dimension?"

"Heather, you took away your life during the battle with the council."

I gasped. "Why would I do that?"

"Come over here and you'll find out."

"Why can't you come to me? And, why can't I see you?"

"Because, that is what it's like at first. You're not actually in the fourth dimension yet. Once you cross over the border you'll be. Right now you're between the third and fourth dimension. You're like a ghost.

Come forth and you'll see me. Just a few steps more."

I took a few steps forward. I stopped once I saw a glow in front of me. "One more step" said Jay. I took another and the glow turned into a huge beam of light. I squinted my eyes, but soon realized that the light wasn't harming them. I'm just a celestial body. I opened up my eyes and saw Jay standing in front of me in one piece. He had a smile on his face.

His blue eyes sparkled more than the usual, grabbing my attention. He seemed happy. "Jay" I whispered unintentionally. I drew in a long imaginary breath. I then let out a shaky exhale. "I'm so-"

"It's perfectly fine" he said cutting me off. "I feel so much peace over here. It's absolutely amazing. Come, come and join me."

"Aren't I already with you in the fourth dimension? I can see you, so..."

"You're behind the border. One more step and you've crossed."

"Ahhh!" I heard a girl scream. "What was that?" I yelled, terrified. "A girl nearby. She's passed on. She's just seen her body."

"I didn't see mine."

"Someone's trying to revive her."

"So she's sort of between life and death... Are there others around me besides her?"

"No, just her. The boys, along with Phoebe and Julia have your body. They're on a motorway (highway) and a car crash has just taken place."

"And she was apart of it."

"Yes. Now come on over."

"I can hear her crying."

"So can I. Now come."

"I can't. She needs comfort, or something."

"She'll be fine."

"How do you know?"