XIV

Nathan's POV

I don't know what to do with myself. Ever since I left Alice's suite, I've literally had to lock myself up in mine. I've been in my bedroom for hours and bombarded the door. I don't feel right and I'm slowly but surely losing my mind.

I've got this incredibly strong desire to turn Alice and it's eating me up like that bacteria that eats away at your flesh until your nothing but bones. I can't get her out of my head. I crave every inch of her. I'm actually able to smell her in a hotel full of people, and she's on a completely different floor that isn't near me at all.

What the hell is wrong with me?

My heart is palpitating at the speed of light, and I swear it's going to burst out of me if I don't turn Alice or at least figure out a way to get her out of my bloody mind.

"Nathan," I heard a familiar voice call.

"Nathan, open up! I know you're there. I can hear your heart, it's like you've just caught your parents getting it on." It was Julia if it weren't obvious enough. "I'm going to bust down this door!"

If Julia even thinks of coming near me, she might regret it. I'm in a serious frenzy and unsure of what I'm capable of at the moment.

I saw my bedroom door's knob turn.

How did she even get in. She didn't kick the front door open or anything.

"Did you bombard this door?" she yelled. "What the heck is wrong with you? Is this about what happened earlier with Alice?

Just read your mind. Why are you making a big deal out of it?"

"Julia," I growled. "Get. Out. Now."

"Noway."

She began ramming her body into the door, which only upset me more. She gave another try and broke in the door causing everything behind it to slam into the wall across from it.

She rushed in and found me sat on the floor with my knees drawn up, my arms wrapped around them, and my fingers piercing into my skin causing blood to flow.

"What's happened to you?" she asked airily.

"Julia, please stay away and keep Alice protected."

"The soul mate bond is doing this to you?"

"Julia!" I snapped. "Get away!"

She disappeared within the blink of an eye leaving all the doors open. I don't know what her motive is, but I won't stay to find.

I got up and hurried out of the hotel. With nowhere to go, I dashed all over the city. If I didn't, people would end up dead.