III

Nathan's POV

It was morning. Everyone managed to catch a few Zs last night. We were all refreshed without much tension between us all, but I was still upset at Julia, and Phoebe simply can't stand to be around anyone.

She's been silent. She ate some eggs that Siva prepared, and that's about all she's done. The only person she pays any mind to is Siva, and that's probably because he's the only one she can trust at this time.

"I'm going to check on Heather and see if she's awake.

Phoebe, the girl who's body she's in had brown eyes, but now they're emerald like the ones on Heather's actual body. Does that mean something?" She didn't reply to me. "Okay then. Well, I just thought you should know," I said trying to rid the awkwardness. It didn't exactly work.

I went into Julia's bedroom and found Heather sat up on the bed and staring at the sheets. She looked up at me. "Hey," I said with a smile. "Who are you?" she replied almost immediately. I frowned in contemplation as I tried to figure out the best way to respond to her question. I sat down at the end of the bed, my head facing hers.

"Because, I feel like I know you," she continued, her eyes looking away as her faced scrunched up in thought.

I studied her face again, paying close attention to every detail this time. She had long glorious eyelashes, stunning cheekbones, and thin lips that seemed to have lost a bit of their color. Her hair appeared to be a dark caramel color now since the sunlight coming in from the bedroom's windows illuminated the room. Her nose was cute and perky, and her skin was a bit pale. I'm sure some nutrition would give her back her color.

Seeing her in slightly better health and in daylight made her much more attractive, and it's not just the soul mate bond talking.

"I'm Nathan, and you're Heather," I finally said.

She gave me a perplexed look,"No, my name is Alice."

"No, your name's Heather," Phoebe replied walking into the room. "Your mind may tell you you're Alice, but your body contains Heather's soul."

"What are you talking about? And, who are you?" Heather asked, her new face even more perplexed.

"Jay, come in here please," Phoebe ordered.

Jay came in the room within a flash, his face displaying a questioning look. "Go hold Heather's hand and show her everything that's happened to her before she entered Alice's body."

His brows knitted together."I don't have the ability to do that."

"You do; you just never knew. Jay, you've got very amazing and strong abilities, you just were never aware of them. Any witch can easily read you and see what marvelous powers you possess, but they would never bother to tell you about them, seeing as you are a vampire. Now, go ahead and put your abilities to good use."

"Oook. So apparently witches know me more than I know myself," he said sarcasticall. "How could I possibly be unaware of my abilities?"

"Tons of people aren't aware of their abilities, whether they're human or not. It's because your body chooses when to exude your abilities."

"Where's a hand guide for how to use special vampiric abilities when you need it? Anyway, I wouldn't even be able to show her everything that's happened because I wasn't there for it all."

"You never had to be."

Jay furrowed his brows once again as he thought upon the new information given to him. Finally deciding to give his newfound ability a try, he walked over to Heather and sat beside her. He took her hand, but she yanked it away. "It's okay. You can trust me," he said sincerely.