Chapter 6

"Living for the daaaaaaaaaaay, worries far awaaaaaaay; Our last summer, we can laugh aaaaaand plaaaaaaaay!"

I laughed hysterically at Jewel who belted out the lyrics to the old Abba song, Our Last Summer - A-Teens version. Jewel danced around the beach, singing into her clenched fist as though it were a microphone. There were a few other people, including a couple of boys about our age, who were enjoying the scene of Jewel dancing insanely in her two peice bathing suit. Lying on my towel, watching Jewel act crazy, listening to my iPod, tanning; Those are the main things that were taking place everyday for me on the trip.

And I loved every minute of it.

It was already Friday, and we'd almost been there for a full week. I couldn't believe how fast time went by. My mother always told me that time flies by when you're having fun. I guessed that was the case.

Since that Tuesday, I was a bit shaken up by all of the odd events taking place. But after awhile, I decided to just laugh at everything. I mean an old lady who thinks she can tell our future? How hilarious is that?

Although, I still felt a little freaked.

"April, come dance!" Jewel yelled, giddy as ever. She grabbed my hands and pulled me up from my tanning position, flinging my arms up and down. I giggled and blushed when I saw a cute blonde inspecting me, grinning while looking into my eyes.

"Jewel, stop!" I said, chuckling. "People are staring!"

Jewel waved her hand carelessly at the statement. "Oh, please...Who cares!? Are we ever gonna see these people again?"

She had a point.

So, I conitnued to dance with my best friend. On the quiet beach. In front of two very appealing boys.

For Jewel.

"Gosh, it's getting kinda warm..." Jewel said, wiping some sweat off of her forehead. It wasn't really that hot. Maine usually doesn't get that way ever. The reason why Jewel felt so overheated was because she wouldn't stop jumping around under the sun like a madwoman.

I looked out at the deep, dark ocean. "Wanna go for a swim?" I inquired, biting my fingernail.

Jewel lunged toward me and pryed my fingernail away. "Bad. Habit. Trust me, I'd know. I do the same thing." I laughed and shook my head. "But anways, yes. I'd love to take a swim."

Jewel took my hand and began to run towards the water. Once we reached the ocean, I was instantly cooled. The water was so freezing that it was nearly unbearable. But that didn't stop Jewel from dragging me into the chilling waves. "It's...S-so...c-cold," I panted, hugging myself for warmth.

"Oh, suck it up!" Jewel giggled, splashing me.

"Jewel, stop!" I demanded, chuckling along with her. Before I knew it, Jewel and I were in a full force splash fight. I kicked the water at her; she filled her cupped hands with the ocean water and threw it on me. We couldn't stop bursting out into laughter, over and over.

"Can we join?"

Jewel and I stopped our splashing to look behind us at who had spoken. The two cute guys who were laughing and examining us earlier were standing there with huge grins. The blonde one raised his eyebrows at me. Embarassed, I looked away, feeling my cheeks blush.

"I don't know..." Jewel told them hesitantly. I shot her a look. Of course they can!, I wanted to scream. I wanted so badly to meet that blonde. That would definitely be considered a "new adventure" - meeting a very attractive boy on vacation with my best friend. "It depends on your skills. I mean, we wouldn't wanna beat you guys too badly..." From the looks on the faces of the two boys, I could tell that they were up for the challenge. Jewel was such a charmer. Any guy with a brain would've fallen for her.