Chapter 14

"Loki." Clint acknowledged the tall god of mischief.

"What did you do to Steve?" Natasha questioned with a harsh glare.

"Oh just a little spell... it'll pass." Loki replied with a sickly sweet grin.

"Why are doing this may I ask?" Tony asked with confidence and curiosity, leaning forward a bit.

Natasha put a careful hand on the brunette teen's shoulder and pushed him back a little bit protectively. Loki sent Tony a big smile which made the teenager step back further behind Natasha, feeling slightly creeped out.

"This is all a part of my magnificent plan, young Stark. My plan to destroy the avengers and take over what is rightfully mine! Soon every mortal on this puny planet will be taking orders from me, their king."

"Brother! This isn't right! What would father think? Asgard is your home! They treat you highly there do they not?" Thor said in a desperate matter.

"Ha! Oh almighty Thor, how oblivious you are." The evil man replied with a half annoyed look on his face.

"Do you feel like a big shot Loki? Having to turn the avengers into children to defeat them?" Clint spoke up with attitude. He was steaming with anger towards the villain in front of them.

Loki snickered a bit and took a step forward, "I'll do whatever it takes."

As he stepped forward, Natasha slowly placed her hand on the gun that was strapped to her side.

Noticing what she was doing, Loki chuckled a bit and stopped his steps forward. "Lady Natasha... Place all your Midgardian weapons down, trust me when I say they are useless compared to this staff I hold." Loki smirked at the women. He held his staff up high in a threatening manner, it glowed a magical green colour. Natasha lifted her gun out of the place where it sat and slowly held it out, it looked like she was going to drop it to the ground but anger and the need to protect her loved ones took control of her. Natasha lifted the gun higher and aimed it towards the tall enemy and at the same time the enemy aimed his own weapon. It was as if it was slow motion when the staff blasted a green strike of light and the sound of a gun shooting was heard.

The shot didn't come from Natasha's gun.

Time went back to normal speed and everyone jumped or ducked in surprise, when Loki, at the same time as shooting out at Natasha, was also being blasted off his feet and across the change room.

Loki being taken out didn't stop his own blast shooting out and striking Natasha on the shoulder. Letting out a pained yell, her own gun went flying and she fell back into Clint's arms. "Nat!" Clint shouted looking down at her in concern and softly lowering her to the ground.

"I'll be fine, I'll be fine!" Natasha gasped out swatting away Clint's attempt at checking out her wound. Pushing herself up and ignoring the near unbearable pain in her shoulder, she tried to see where the shot had come from.

All of the de-aged avengers were surrounding her.

Bruce looked like he was near a panic attack.

Thor had a terrified look on his face, his eyes darting all over the place.

Tony was crying and he kept repeating the same question, "Is she going to be okay?!"

And Steve, still under mind control was just staring at the scene, emotionless. It was as if he was a robot.

Clint was looking over Natasha in shock and concerned and kept asking her if she was okay and how much it hurt. He was interrupted by Natasha herself when she hit him and gestured to something in front of her. Looking up quickly, Clint stopped breathing as soon as he saw what she was gesturing to.